This nourishing, hearty Avocado Quinoa Salad is vegan, loaded with protein, and filling enough to be a main course. This is a simple, healthy, and flavorful plant-based meal.
This wholesome quinoa salad features kidney beans, corn, creamy avocado, roasted peppers, fresh dill, red onion, quinoa, and spices. It is completely oil-free and yet so delicious.
It’s easy to make, perfect for weeknight meals to packed lunches and special occasions.
- Dietary – whole food, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, soy-free
- Nutritional features – high in protein, complex carbs, and fiber, low in fat
- Quick and easy to make
- Uses simple staple ingredients
- Rich and creamy flavor
- Great for meal prep
- Nutritious and filling
- Makes a healthy salad, side dish, or main meal
Whole Food Ingredients
This avocado quinoa salad combines healthy quinoa, beans, veggies and fresh herbs for a bright flavor and well-balanced side or even main meal.
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- quinoa – you can use any variety of quinoa – white, red, or tri-color. I used white.
- beans – I used canned red kidney beans, other varieties will work too. Just drain and rinse them before use.
- sweet corn – I used canned sweet corn, drain it before use.
- roasted red peppers – I had some frozen home roasted red peppers but you can also use roasted peppers from a jar or can, just be sure to be packed in water (not oil) for an oil-free salad.
- red onion – you can substitute white or yellow onion if you don’t have red onion on hand
- dill – you’ll need fresh dill, it pairs perfectly with everything. You can swap it for fresh cilantro or parsley.
- avocado – you’ll need one small avocado for the salad, half of it for one serving
- lemon – there is no dressing here, just a simple squeeze of lemon for brightness and a sprinkle of cumin and salt is all you’ll need
- spices – cumin and salt, they add a hint of flavor
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Why This Avocado Quinoa Salad is Good for You
This Avocado Quinoa Salad is one sensational salad that leaves you feeling refreshed and fully satisfied. It’s a real crowd-pleaser, everyone will love it!
It combines healthy and filling quinoa, beans, corn, veggies, avocado, and fresh herbs. This is one well-balanced salad, side dish, or main meal that is packed with plant protein and fiber.
Quinoa is a good source of folate, magnesium, and flavonoids that have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body. Avocado contains healthy beneficial fats that are necessary for your body.
This Avocado Quinoa Salad is made with simple whole food ingredients and is quick and easy to make. There is no complicated dressing here but a simple squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a bit of cumin.
The salad is completely free of added oils and is also gluten-free. That is all, an avocado quinoa salad made healthy and delicious!
This Avocado Quinoa Salad is
- vegan (dairy-free, egg-free)
- whole food
- full of protein and fiber
- quick and easy
- satisfying and filling
- delicious and bright
- a great crowd-pleaser
- perfect for a side dish, salad or main meal
How to Store
Refrigerator: Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Make ahead: This salad is great for meal prep. It can be made ahead and stored in serving size portions for later.
How to Serve
Here are a few ideas on how to enjoy this quinoa salad:
- Pair it with this easy Homemade Hummus or this Creamy Zucchini Dip.
- Serve it with Herbed Roasted Potatoes and some hummus or Creamy Cashew Sauce.
- Combine it with Easy Broccoli Casserole with Dried Tomato Sauce.
- Make a delicious grain bowl with the quinoa avocado salad, some Roasted Zucchini, greens, and fresh veggies.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Chickpea Mediterranean Salad
- Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
- Fresh Cucumber Carrot Salad
- Broccoli and Tofu Green Salad
- Nutritious Vitamin Salad
- Alfalfa Sprouts Salad
- Oil-free Vegan Salad Dressing
If you try this Avocado Quinoa Salad, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
Avocado Quinoa Salad with Roasted Peppers
This nourishing, hearty Avocado Quinoa Salad is loaded with protein and filling enough to be a main course. This is a simple healthy and flavorful plant-based meal that is oil-free.
- ½ cup (90 g) dried quinoa (or 2 cups (260 g) cooked quinoa)
- ½ cup (80 g) canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (80 g) canned sweet corn, drained
- 2 (140 g) roasted red peppers, chopped
- ½ (30 g) small red onion, sliced
- 1 (90 g) small avocado, chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh dill, chopped
- ½ lemon juiced, or around 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan with one cup (240 ml) of water and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, cover with a lid, reduce the heat and let simmer for 12 mins. When it is ready, let it cool for a while.
- Meanwhile, chop the roasted peppers, onion, avocado, and dill.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, beans, corn, and chopped veggies. Toss well and season with lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Stir everything to combine.
- You can cook the quinoa in advance or use leftover quinoa and then assemble the salad in no time.
- I used frozen roasted peppers, you can also use peppers from a jar or can, packed in water (not oil).
- You can substitute the fresh dill with chopped cilantro or parsley if you prefer.