These vegan oven roasted potatoes are incredibly easy to make and so healthy! Perfectly seasoned with garlic, basil, onion, and paprika, it’s a delicious side dish that fills you up in no time.
These baby potatoes are cut in half and then covered in a delicious mix of herbs, before being baked without using a drop of oil. They make a healthy, vegan side dish that the whole family will love!
- Dietary – whole food, oil-free, nut-free, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free
- Nutritional features – low in fat, high in fiber
- Easy to make
- 5 simple ingredients
- Healthy roasted without oil
- Delicious bites with a soft and tender interior
- Easy to customize – season them with a variety of herbs
- Perfect side dish for the holidays – Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas
Whole Food Ingredients
This is an easy recipe for potatoes roasted in the oven without any oil and only 5 simple ingredients!
- potatoes – I used small-sized gold potatoes, but any small-sized potatoes will work, like small red potatoes or baby gold. If your potatoes are bigger just cut them lengthwise. I give them a rinse before cutting to remove any dirt left.
- basil – adds a ton of flavor and a touch of herb
- garlic powder – adds great flavor and aroma
- onion powder – just like garlic powder gives an appetizing flavor
- paprika – regular or smoked are both great and always taste amazing on top of potatoes
- salt – I used Himalayan salt
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Why you will love this recipe
You simply can’t go wrong with this simple yet so flavorful dish.
First of all, these oven roasted potatoes are healthy! They are baked without a drop of oil! This is probably their biggest advantage when compared to most greasy and cheesy roasted potatoes out there.
In this recipe, potatoes are tossed with simple, everyday spices and roasted in the oven. You’ll need just 5 ingredients and 30 mins of baking. This is a no-fuss recipe, you can sit back and let the oven do the work.
These oven roasted potatoes are a fun and easy appetizer or side dish. These yummy bites make a delicious addition to any holiday meal or can be paired with a main dish for a tasty side any day of the week.
These Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes are
- vegan (dairy-free, egg-free)
- whole food
- loaded with fiber
- easy to make
- made with 5 ingredients
- yummy and filling
- a perfect holiday side dish
How to Serve
These oven roasted potatoes are so versatile and go with just about anything. Serve them for lunch or dinner. Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Can be served with a variety of dips to change up the flavor. Dip them in hummus – oh, they taste amazing! Or try them with our delicious Creamy Zucchini Dip.
- Enjoy them hot or cold, as a side dish, snack, or added to bowls and salads.
- Serve them with Bean Tofu Scramble, or Tofu and Spinach Egg Scramble.
- Enjoy them with our delicious Homemade Guacamole.
- Make a delicious grain bowl by adding some fresh veggies, greens, cooked grains, seasoned tofu, and a Creamy Cashew Sauce.
- Pair them with these yummy Quinoa Burger Patties, or these Homemade Falafels.
- Serve them as a side with this Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry, or White Bean Nuggets.
How to Store
Any leftover potatoes can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet, microwave, or in the oven until warm.
More Easy Recipes to Try
- Easy Broccoli Casserole with Dried Tomato Sauce
- Red Lentils Peanut Butter Casserole
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Curried Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup
- Cauliflower Soup with Quinoa
- Veggie Burgers with Zucchini and Potato
If you try these Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes | Oil-free
These oven roasted potatoes are incredibly easy to make, no oil needed. Perfectly seasoned with garlic, basil, onion, and paprika, it's a delicious side dish that fills you up in no time.
- 2.5 lbs/1.2 kg small gold potatoes, halved
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes in half. If some of them are bigger cut them lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices - basil, onion, garlic, paprika, and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- Start pressing each potato half (cut side down) into the spices mixture and then place them on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 mins or until soft. Check with a fork if they are ready. Enjoy!
- Give the potatoes a rinse before cutting to remove any dirt left.
- Use different herbs - you can simply add or substitute your favorite flavors.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 114Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.