This is the easiest hummus recipe which is so smooth and flavorful. It requires only 5 ingredients and is made without oil. It’s way better and healthier than store-bought.
This homemade hummus is really simple. You can enjoy it with raw or roasted veggies, crackers, add it to grain bowls, salads, wraps, sandwiches, etc. It is also great for meal prep or as a side dish.
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
This easy hummus recipe is completely whole food plant-based and free of processed ingredients. It contains no added oil or sugar and is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
For this recipe you don’t need to peel or cook the chickpeas. It’s that quick and easy.
Here are the 5 simple wholesome ingredients you need:
- canned chickpea – canned chickpeas are quick and easy for this recipe though you can use chickpeas cooked from dry if you prefer
- sesame tahini – you will need creamy tahini, look for one that has only sesame seeds listed as ingredients and no additives
- lemon juice – freshly squeezed is best
- soy sauce – you can also use tamari for a gluten-free hummus
- garlic – adds amazing flavor
Please find the recipe card below for the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions.
Learn More about Whole Food Vegan Nutrition:
- How to Cook Food in a Healthy Way
- What Makes Processed Foods Such as Sugar and Oil Unhealthy
- Why Oil Is so Bad for Our Health
- How to Feel Satiated with Whole Plant Foods
- Why Processed Foods Are so Difficult to Resist
This Easy Hummus Recipe is
- vegan (plant-based)
- whole food
- really simple
- loaded with healthy plant protein
- made with only 5 ingredients
- smooth and flavorful
- better than store-bought
How to Serve Hummus
There are so many possible ways to enjoy this delicious homemade hummus. Here are some of my favorite serving suggestions and how I like it:
- Dip some fresh or roasted veggies in it – carrots, broccoli, bell peppers.
- What I love doing is roast a big batch of potatoes and eat them with the hummus. So simple and yet full of flavor.
- Spread it on roasted bread with a slice of fresh tomato on top.
- Make your tacos by spreading hummus in it with some sweet potatoes, onion, cabbage, greens.
- Add it to your grain bowls together with your favorite cooked grains, fresh veggies, greens, and a sauce.
- Serve it with healthy crackers, pita bread, baguette, whole grain bread.
- Enjoy it as an appetizer or a snack.
- You can take it to parties, picnics, holidays
How to Store
It is best to enjoy the hummus right away as it is most aromatic and flavorful.
However, it is also good for meal prep, you can make it in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Healthy Dips and Spreads
- Easy Creamy Zucchini Dip
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Easy and Healthy Party Dip
- Delicious 10-minute Bean Dip
- Quick and Easy Bean Spread
- Zucchini and Walnut Dip
- Healthy Sunflower Seeds Dip
If you try this Easy Hummus Recipe, please leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. If you take a photo and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me with @wellnessdove and use #wellnessdove as I would love to see your remakes!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Click here to leave a review.
- Place all ingredients for the hummus in a food processor and blend for several minutes until smooth.
- Enjoy your delicious hummus on toasted bread, fresh or roasted veggies, crackers etc.
- You can use canned chickpeas or you can cook chickpeas from dry. If you use canned, drain and rinse them. If you use dry, soak them overnight. Put them in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 40 minutes or until soft.
- You can add a little bit more water, one tablespoon at a time, for a lighter consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 206Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.