Easy Avocado Pasta Salad tossed with homemade creamy avocado dressing for a wonderfully delicious meal.
It is filling but still light, can be served as a main meal or as a side dish. Ready in 15 mins, has no added oil and can be made gluten-free.
SIMPLE WHOLE FOOD INGREDIENTS
This delicious vegan pasta salad is made with clean whole food ingredients. It has no added oil and is so healthy. Here is what you’ll need:
- small-shaped pasta – I used whole grain shells but any other variety will work, use gluten-free if needed
- carrot – shred one large carrot
- sweet corn – I used canned
- olives – deseeded and chopped
- fresh dill – adds a great flavor
- avocado – makes a cool creamy dressing
- garlic – makes the dressing more flavorful
- lemon juice – freshly squeezed is best
- coriander – dried, goes perfectly with avocado
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Like always, in this recipe, I used only whole food, plant-based ingredients to make it as healthy as possible.
It has no animal ingredients to reduce the content of saturated fat and disease-promoting proteins. As importantly, though, I used no processed sugar or oil.
You probably know that oil is very high in free calories that are absorbed quickly and flood the bloodstream. This causes the blood to become viscous and slow, reducing it’s ability to carry nutrients and oxygen to the tissues.
Whole wheat pasta and corn are high in healthy, complex sugars which are absorbed slowly and provide you with sustained energy without leading to weight gain.
Fun fact: the sugars in white pasta are so densely packed that its glycemic index is quite low (unlike white bread)!
All the veggies, especially dill, are very rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which reduce inflammation and cleanse the tissues from metabolic waste and toxic substances.
And that avocado, it’s a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and phytonutrients to support your health!
- If you are gluten-free, make this Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad using gluten-free pasta.
- You can make the avocado dressing by hand or in a blender. If you blend all the ingredients for the dressing it becomes incredibly creamy and smooth.
- This salad is easy to customize to your preferences, you can add whatever veggies you have on hand.
This Creamy Vegan Avocado Pasta Salad is
- whole food plant-based
- can be made gluten-free
- packed with yummy flavors
- rich and creamy
- abundant in healthy Omega-3s
- ready in 15 mins
- can be enjoyed as a main meal or a side dish
- easy to customize to your preferences
How to store
It is best to enjoy the salad fresh. You can store any leftovers for a couple of days in the fridge in a sealed container.
More easy recipes
- Broccoli and Tofu Green Salad
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Oil-free Vegan Salad Dressing
- Fresh Cucumber Carrot Salad
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
If you try this Creamy Avocado VeganPasta Salad, please leave a comment and a ★★★★★ recipe rating below.
I would love to hear from you. Also, don’t forget to tag me in your recreations on Facebook/ Instagram with #wellnessdove or @wellnessdove.
Easy Avocado Pasta Salad
Easy vegan pasta salad with olives, sweet corn, carrot, and fresh dill tossed with homemade creamy avocado dressing. It is filling but still light, can be served as a main meal or as a side dish. It's ready in 15 mins, has no added oil, and can be made gluten-free.
- 2 cups (180 g) small-shaped pasta, regular, whole grain, or gluten-free
- 1 cup (150 g) sweet corn, canned
- 1 (175 g) large carrot, shredded
- ½ cup (75 g) olives, deseeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and deseeded (165 g)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¾ tsp Himalayan salt
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) water
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado dressing. Put the avocado and lemon juice in a bowl and mash with a fork. Then add the other ingredients and stir everything well until creamy. If your avocado isn't perfectly ripe, it's better to add all ingredients for the dressing to a blender and pulse for a minute until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, corn, shredded carrot, chopped olives and dill. Pour the dressing into the bowl as well and gently toss to combine.
- If you are gluten-free, make this Avocado Pasta Salad with gluten-free pasta.
- To make the avocado dressing you can also use a blender. It becomes even more smooth and creamy.
- This salad is easy to customize - add whatever veggies you like or have on hand and it will work fine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 199Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.