Nutritious and tasty Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad!
A super fresh and colorful salad made with only plant-based ingredients. Absolutely oil-free and vegan!
Green salad, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green onions all mixed together with super nutritious broccoli, and delicious tofu cubes!
This Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad is the perfect healthy boost you can get!
A complete energy bomb that will blow your inner world. All your body cells with be filled with life!
A Salad which is Healthy
All salads are healthy, right?
Well, not really. You go to a restaurant and most of the salads you can order are full of cheese, salt, oil…
This is a 100% healthy, 100% oil-free salad!
It’s what a salad is meant to be, a health food and nothing less!
All those vegetables have every nutrient that you need. Especially vitamin K, so important for your bones that you find in greens.
And for a bit of extra protein (and flavor), I added tofu. And Omega-3 rich walnuts.
Also, nutritional yeast, rich in every B vitamin, especially B12.
Its pure nutrition, nothing else!
What do you need for this Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad?
This salad is just so simple. I used green salad (in this recipe romaine lettuce) for a base, but you can use whatever greens suit you best, then I add some cucumber, cherry tomatoes for extra color, some nutritious broccoli florets, green onions, parsley, dill. And of course some super tasty, protein-rich tofu cubes.
Feel free to add some spinach, carrot, peppers, or whatever you like the most or find at the market.
Season with some nutritional yeast and freshly squeezed lemon juice. To add a finishing touch sprinkle a handful or two of ground walnuts on top and enjoy!
Why you should eat more broccoli?
Broccoli belongs to the family of cruciferous vegetables, such as cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower.
- Broccoli is a powerhouse of various vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, K, A, and folate.
- Broccoli contains bioactive micronutrients, such as sulforaphane which helps in prevention and fighting cancer cells.
- It is also rich in antioxidants that keep inflammation away and have other health-promoting effects.
- Broccoli has high fiber content that boosts your good gut bacteria growth and improves digestion.
Want more healthy plant-based recipes?
If you want to live better and keep your energy level up throughout the day, try some of these recipes below.
- Super Nutritious Vitamin Salad
- Alfalfa Sprouts Salad, Oil-Free
- Spicy Cajun Balls |Vegan
- Healthy Carrot & Curry Cream Soup
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
You should definitely try this super healthy Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad.
An excellent vegan oil-free salad for you!
Serve it as a side or as we often do enjoy it as a meal!
If you give this Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad
A super fresh and colorful salad made with only plant-based ingredients. Absolutely oil-free! Green salad, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green onions all mixed together with super nutritious broccoli and delicious tofu cubes!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ bunch of parsley, chopped
- ¼ bunch of dill, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 package (200 gr) tofu, diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- 2 handfuls ground walnuts
- Mix the tofu cubes and soy sauce in a bowl. Put them in a pan and cook for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Set them aside to cool.
- Place the broccoli florets in a saucepan with boiling water for 3 mins. Take them out and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped romaine lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, parsley, dill, green onions, and tofu cubes. Season with the nutritional yeast, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and salt. Stir everything well together.
- Sprinkle some ground walnuts on top of the salad and enjoy!
- To preserve the nutrients of the broccoli florets, boil them for only 3 mins. Then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process, so they can keep their bright green color. Drain them well or dry with kitchen paper so the salad stays fresh and not watery.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 361Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 11gSugar: 7gProtein: 22g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.