This vegan tofu and spinach scramble is a simple and healthy alternative to scrambled eggs, without all the cholesterol. It is very quick and easy to make, ready in about 10 mins. Perfect for a healthy breakfast or brunch.
This is an easy plant-based tofu scramble recipe that both vegans and non vegans will love. It is a delicious and healthy way to start your day! It’s oil-free, made with simple whole food ingredients, and ready in a few minutes.
- Dietary – vegan, whole food, oil-free, gluten-free, nut-free, grain-free
- Nutritional features – low in fat, high in protein
- Quick and easy to make
- Ready in 10 mins
- Completely customizable
- Versatile – enjoy as it is, make a sandwich, burrito, tacos
- Rich and creamy texture and eggy flavor
- Makes a healthy breakfast or brunch
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
In this recipe, tofu is crumbled and combined with spinach, mushrooms, and spices to create delicious vegan scrambled eggs.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- tofu – regular firm tofu works for this recipe
- mushrooms – I used white mushrooms, cremini or portobello will also work
- spinach – fresh spinach works best, chop it if it has large leaves
- green onions – add flavor and freshness
- nutritional yeast – adds a savory, cheesy flavor
- spices – you’ll need turmeric, paprika, and salt (you can also use Kala Namak – black Himalayan salt, it gives the tofu scramble the sulfur smell eggs have.)
- pumpkin seeds – blended with some water they improve the texture of the vegan eggs, making them more creamy and similar to real scrambled eggs.
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Why you’ll love this vegan Tofu & Egg Scramble
This vegan tofu and spinach scramble recipe is a simple and healthy alternative to traditional scrambled eggs, and it’s loaded with flavor and nutrients.
This scramble is soft, fluffy, and lightly seasoned, making it a perfect breakfast or brunch option. With just a few whole food ingredients you create a delicious and quick meal in about 10 minutes.
Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein that contains all nine essential amino acids. It’s also low in calories, fat, and cholesterol-free. Spinach, on the other hand, is a nutrient-dense leafy green that’s loaded with vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and calcium. When combined, tofu and spinach make a powerful and nutritious meal that will keep you energized and satisfied throughout the day.
This vegan tofu and spinach scramble recipe is also oil-free, which means that it’s a healthier option for those who want to reduce their intake of added fats.
Whether you’re just looking for a healthier breakfast or brunch option, this tofu and spinach scramble recipe is a must-try. It’s a delicious and satisfying meal and it’s sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
This Tofu & Spinach Scramble is
- vegan (plant-based)
- whole food
- has no cholesterol
- loaded with protein
- quick and easy to make
- ready in 10 mins
- great for a healthy breakfast
How to Serve
There are plenty of options here. I have listed our favorite ones down below:
- Wrap it in a vegan breakfast burrito with some fresh veggies and avocado
- Serve with bread or toast and make a delicious sandwich with it. Try it on this easy gluten-free lentil bread.
- Enjoy it with roasted herb potatoes
- Load it on a baked sweet potato
- Garnish it with chopped fresh veggies like tomatoes, cucumber or avocado
- Make tofu scramble egg tacos with corn or whole wheat tortillas
- Serve with vegan pancakes
- Enjoy these vegan scrambled eggs with cooked beans
- Pair it with a large bowl of nutritious salad, like this Chickpea Mediterranean Salad
How to Store
Fridge: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Reheat: Simply re-warm on the stovetop over low heat until warmed through, add a splash of water if needed. Or put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Easy Bean Tofu Scramble
- Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Quick Energy Breakfast
- Healthy Oatmeal with Berries
- Banana Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies
- Whole Wheat Vegan Crepes
If you try this Tofu & Spinach Egg Scramble, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
- Use your hands or a fork to crumble the tofu into small chunks.
- Put the pumpkin seeds and a quarter cup of water in a blender. Blend for several minutes, scraping the sides from time to time.
- Place the chopped mushrooms in a non-stick pan with two tablespoons of water. Heat it up and stir constantly for about a minute and a half.
- Then, add the crumbled tofu, spinach, green onions, and spices (nutritional yeast, paprika, turmeric, and salt). Stir everything to combine and cook for another two minutes.
- After that, stir in the blended pumpkin seeds and cook for about two minutes over low heat. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 476Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 16gSugar: 4gProtein: 46g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.