This warming cauliflower vegan soup is packed with veggies and tastes so delicious! It’s quick and easy to make, ready in just 15 mins with simple, wholesome ingredients.
A cozy and comforting soup the whole family will love.
This cauliflower vegan soup is healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. It is made in one pot for a quick and easy soup recipe.
All in my family are soup lovers and some of our favorite ones are this easy vegan butternut squash soup, healthy carrot and curry cream soup, and this quick red lentil vegan soup.
Whole Food Ingredients
This cauliflower soup is made only with simple whole plant food ingredients. A variety of veggies are simmered together with some quinoa for a healthy nutritious plant-based lunch or dinner.
Here is what you will need:
- veggies – I used cauliflower, carrot, large onion, celery root, and potato
- quinoa – I used white quinoa, other varieties are also fine
- seasoning – you’ll need paprika, turmeric, marjoram, and salt
- cashews – use raw plain cashews, blended with some water they give a thick texture and mild flavor to the soup
- celery leaves – to garnish (optional). Alternatively, parsley, scallions or chives would work.
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
- dietary features – vegan (dairy-free & egg-free), whole food, oil-free, gluten-free, low calorie
- quick and easy – ready in just 15 mins
- loaded with fiber and plant protein
- simple everyday ingredients
- satiating and filling
- stores well, great for meal prep
Why Make This Cauliflower Vegan Soup
This cauliflower soup is entirely whole food plant based. It’s healthy and clean from processed and refined ingredients such as oil or sugar.
Not to mention this cauliflower soup recipe is quick, easy, and ready in just 15 mins!
It combines a variety of tasty and healthy veggies, like cauliflower, carrot, onion, and celery. I’ve also added in some filling potatoes and quinoa (a source of complete healthy plant protein) to make sure this soup keeps you full and satiated.
Quinoa is also abundant in important microelements like potassium, iron, magnesium, and folate. It’s rich in fiber and will prevent cravings and provide energy throughout the day.
This Cauliflower Vegan Soup is
- vegan (dairy-free & egg-free)
- whole food
- rich in fiber
- loaded with plant protein
- ready in just 15 mins
- quick and easy to make
- cozy and warming
- satisfying and delicious
How to Store
Let cool before storing.
Fridge: Let cool, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Freezer: This soup is freezer friendly. Store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
Reheating: Reheat gently on the stovetop until heated to your preferences or in the microwave for a few minutes. If the soup is thickened after storing, adjust the consistency by stirring in some water.
More Healthy Soup Recipes
- Easy Red Lentil Soup
- Curried Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup
- Healthy Vegan Oat Meatballs Soup
- The Easiest Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Hearty Chickpea Broccoli Soup
If you try this Cauliflower Vegan Soup, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Click here to leave a review.
Cauliflower Vegan Soup with Quinoa
This warming cauliflower vegan soup is packed with veggies and tastes delicious! It's quick and easy to make, ready in just 15 mins with simple ingredients. A cozy soup the whole family will love.
For the soup
- 250 g/9 oz cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 (130 g) medium carrot, diced
- 1 (170 g) large onion, chopped
- 1 cup (130 g/4.5 oz) celery root, diced
- 1 (200 g) medium potato, diced
- ½ cup (90 g) dry quinoa
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- a handful of celery leaves or parsley, chopped (for sprinkle)
For the cashew cream
- ¼ cup (35 g) raw cashews
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- Place the chopped veggies, quinoa, and spices in a pot (except the celery leaves), cover with the water and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cashew cream. Put the cashews and water in a blender. Blend for several minutes until smooth.
- Once the soup is ready, remove from the heat. Stir in the cashew cream. Serve sprinkled with some chopped celery leaves or parsley. Enjoy!
- For a nut-free version, you can use hemp seeds or sunflower seeds instead. Or you could just omit them, but the soup won't be as thick and creamy.
- You can also adjust the thickness of the soup by adding more or less water according to your preferences.