This delicious homemade guacamole is creamy and rich, packed with heart-healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants. It’s quite simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
The recipe is naturally gluten-free, whole food, vegan, free of processed oils and ready in just 10 mins.
Whole Food Ingredients
This homemade guacamole is made with only 7 simple whole food ingredients. It is a healthy, delicious dip or spread that is vegan and oil-free. Here is what you’ll need:
- avocado – use ripe, creamy avocado for this recipe, 1 large or 2 small ones
- tomato – dice one large tomato
- red onion – one small one or half an onion is enough, diced
- garlic – throw in a couple cloves of garlic or omit it if you prefer
- fresh dill – adds great flavor and freshness
- lemon juice – freshly squeezed is best
- coriander – I used dried coriander to season the guacamole
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
This Easy Homemade Guacamole is
- plant-based (vegan)
- whole food
- rich in healthy fats
- abundant in fiber
- loaded with antioxidants
- simple and easy to make
- ready in just 10 mins
- super tasty!
Is Guacamole Healthy?
This guacamole recipe contains only pure, whole plant food ingredients. And it’s homemade so you know exactly what ingredients it has and how much you put in it.
My guacamole is simple and easy, budget-friendly, and it tastes awesome! It’s so easy that you can make it quickly at home and don’t have to buy it ready-made, filled with oil and other processed ingredients.
Avocadoes are packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. By including more mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids in your diet instead of saturated fat (which is mostly found in animal products), you can lower inflammation in your body and decrease the risk of developing heart disease.
How to Serve Guacamole
This easy homemade guacamole can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are some ideas about how we love to eat it.
- Sandwiches/burgers – spread a layer of guacamole on toasted bread, and add it to your burger for tons of flavor
- Steamed/roasted veggies – pairs perfectly with steamed/grilled/roasted potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, etc.
- Burritos/ tacos – add it as a topping, together with some beans, tofu, fresh veggies, greens
- Grain bowls – enjoy it as part of your favorite grain bowl with some cooked grains, fresh veggies, greens, sweet potatoes
- Tortilla chips – serve guacamole with healthy tortilla chips, baguette, pita bread, crackers
- Take it as a delicious dip to parties, barbeques, picnics, or football games.
How to Store
This easy homemade guacamole is best to enjoy right after it is made as once you cut it open, the avocadoes start to oxidize. However, the antioxidants in lemon juice prevent it and slow down the process.
You can easily make it a few hours ahead if you are taking it to a party or picnic. Just store it in an air-tight container in the fridge. Try to fill the container to the top so there’s almost no air in it.
You can store the guacamole in the fridge for up to 3 days. If it goes brown, you can scrape off the brown parts or stir into the rest before serving. While it is perfectly safe to eat, the changed color may be off-putting. So, it is best to enjoy it as quickly as possible.
More Healthy Dips and Spreads Recipes
- Easy Hummus Recipe
- Scrumptious Bean Dip
- Easy and Creamy Zucchini Dip
- Avocado Chickpea Spread
- Healthy Zucchini and Walnut Dip
- Easy and Delicious Party Dip
- Quick Bean Dip Recipe
If you try this Easy Homemade Guacamole, please leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. If you take a photo and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me with @wellnessdove and use #wellnessdove as I would love to see your remakes!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Click here to leave a review.
Easy Homemade Guacamole
This delicious homemade guacamole is creamy and rich, packed with heart-healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants. It's quite simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- 1 large (340 g) avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 large (200 g) tomato, diced
- 1 (40 g) small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ⅓ bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander
- ⅓ tsp Himalayan salt
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice using a fork. This will keep the avocado fresh and green, while you prepare the other ingredients.
- After that, add the diced tomato, red onion, pressed garlic, chopped dill, coriander, and salt to the bowl as well. Stir until well combined.
- Serve guacamole with tortilla chips, toasted bread, roasted potatoes, etc. Enjoy!
- You can serve it smooth or chunky depending on your preferences. Simply don't over mash the avocado and leave it a bit chunky.
- If your tomato is more watery, you can put the diced tomato in a colander and leave it to drain a little bit.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 153Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.