Delicious Bean Vegan Tofu Scramble that is so aromatic, contains zero cholesterol, and is a much healthier alternative to those scrambled eggs. Ready in less than 10 mins it is perfect for a healthy, plant-based, protein-rich breakfast.
This is a plant-based recipe that is oil-free, naturally gluten-free, made with simple wholesome ingredients.
This Easy Bean Vegan Tofu Scramble is made with just 8 whole food ingredients. Here they are:
- Tofu – firm tofu is most suitable for this recipe
- Green onions – add some freshness to the meal
- Spices – you will need nutritional yeast, paprika, turmeric, salt
- Red kidney beans – or any other variety will do
- Lemon juice – best if it is freshly squeezed
You can find the complete list of ingredients and amounts in the recipe card below.
How to make Easy Bean Vegan Tofu Scramble
Actually, this recipe is super easy to make in 3 simple steps. It requires no effort at all, that’s why I love it. And yet it tastes really great and is satiating.
Step 1: Crumble the tofu with your fingers or you can use a fork. I prefer it a little bit chunky.
Step 2: Add all ingredients (except the beans) to a non-stick pan. Heat it up and stir constantly for just 5 mins, then remove from the heat. It only needs to warm up so the seasoning can release its flavor and aroma.
Step 3: Add the beans to the pan and mix well.
How to Make Tofu Scramble Taste Like Eggs
It’s quite easy to make this tofu scramble taste like eggs, simply replace the salt with Kala Namak (black himalayan salt). It gives the tofu scramble the sulfur smell eggs have. So simple!
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
How to serve this easy Tofu Scramble
If you want to eat even healthier don’t forget to serve this vegan tofu scramble with a large bowl of fresh salad, like my Nutritious Vitamin Salad, to get more of those important antioxidants you need.
You can garnish the Bean Vegan Tofu Scramble with some roasted potatoes, roasted veggies, or even rice.
Why not make a delicious healthy breakfast burrito? I think this is a great idea for any time of the day.
This easy Bean Tofu Scramble is:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Contains no cholesterol
- Packed with protein
- Easy to make
- Ready in less than 10 mins
- The perfect vegan breakfast!
- So flavorful!
More easy vegan breakfast recipes to try:
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger
- Quick & Healthy Purple Oatmeal
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Vegan Healthy Oats Apple Pie
- Easy Vegan Energy Breakfast
If you give this Bean Vegan Tofu Scramble a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
- Crumble the tofu with your fingers or you can use a fork. I prefer it a little bit chunky.
- Add all ingredients, except beans, to a non-stick pan. Heat it up and stir constantly for just 5 mins, then remove from the heat. It only needs to warm up so the seasoning can release its flavor and aroma.
- Add the beans to the pan and mix well.
- Serve your tofu scramble with a salad, over a loaf of bread, or with roasted potatoes. You can also make some delicious burritos with it. Enjoy!
- See the step-by-step photos in the blog post above.
- If it starts to burn you can add one or two tablespoons of water to the pan or reduce the heat.
- You can also add different veggies to it, like spinach, roasted pepper, tomatoes.