Delicious sweet potato mixed with nutrient-dense quinoa, peas, and onion. All that seasoned with antioxidant-rich spices to create these rich and flavorful vegan burger patties.
They are super healthy, baked with no oil and free from gluten. So quick to prepare, in less than 30 mins!
- Healthy quinoa Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Whole food ingredients
- What are vegan burgers made out of?
- Vegan quinoa Sweet Potato Burger
- What are the health benefits of eating quinoa
- Healthy Recipes in Your Inbox
- How to make Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties
- These Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties are
- How to store
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties
Healthy quinoa Sweet Potato Burger Patties
These Sweet Potato Burger Patties are so much healthier than meat-based ones. They are free of animal products, contain zero cholesterol, and are made without any oil.
Another advantage of these Sweet Potato Burgers is that they are homemade, baked, not fried. Also, they are really easy to make and become ready in just 30 mins.
They make a great healthy family lunch or dinner.
Whole food ingredients
- quinoa – any variety works
- sweet potato – adds a deliciously sweet note in the flavor
- onion – important for the great taste
- peas – I used frozen peas
- parsley – for nice color and taste
- ground flax seeds – needed for binding the mixture
- spices – you’ll need cumin, curry powder, turmeric, black pepper, salt
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
What are vegan burgers made out of?
Most vegan burgers are made out of mushrooms or beans as a base product. You can enrich the flavors and texture by adding different kind of veggies, spices, nuts, seeds, and grains.
But have you been looking for a vegan burger without any mushrooms or beans?
Here you have these great nutritious vegan burgers made with quinoa and sweet potato. So much flavor and nutrition in one bite. At the same time, you get full quality plant protein as quinoa contains all essential amino acids.
Vegan quinoa Sweet Potato Burger
I really love these quinoa burger patties because they are:
- plant-based (vegan), gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, soy-free
- made with only whole food ingredients
- baked, not fried
- hold together really well through cooking and eating
- low in fat, contain zero cholesterol
- amazing in texture and flavor
Enjoy these burger patties with a creamy sauce, like my Quick Universal Cashew Sauce that is simple and ready in 5 mins.
Also great on a whole wheat bun with your favorite toppings.
What are the health benefits of eating quinoa
- Quinoa is a great source of plant-based protein, that has all nine essential amino acids.
- It contains a higher amount of fiber than other grains. It improves digestion and fights constipation.
- Quinoa is highly nutritious, loaded with various minerals, like manganese, folate, magnesium.
- It is packed with flavonoids, antioxidant molecules that fight inflammation.
How to make Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties
These burger patties are so healthy and satiating. They are really easy to make.
This recipe has only 4 simple steps.
Step 1: Boil the sweet potato, chopped into several pieces.
Step 2: Put quinoa, water, and peas in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 mins. (Let it aside for 5 mins to absorb any water left.)
Step 3: In a large bowl mash the sweet potato and combine it with the other ingredients. Mix everything well.
Step 4: Shape the mixture into patties. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 mins.
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
These flavorful patties pair perfectly with the creamiest quick and easy Cashew Sauce.
These Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties are
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Packed with healthy plant protein
- Highly nutritious
- Really satiating
- Easy to make
- So healthy with wholesome ingredients!
How to store
These Sweet Potato Burger Patties are one of my favorite meals. You can make them ahead of time.
Prepare the raw mixture for the patties and store it in a large bowl covered with plastic foil in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. You can shape the burger patties right before baking or store them already shaped.
Store cooked patties in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. They are good even cold. You can reheat them in the oven or put them on a medium heated pan for several minutes on each side.
Related vegan burger patties recipes
- Cauliflower Burger Patties
- Oats & Nuts Vegan Balls
- Oil- and Gluten-free Baked Chickpea Balls
- Baked Arabic Veggie Bean Patties
- Easy & Healthy Spicy Cajun Balls
If you give these Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Click here to leave a review.
- Chop the sweet potato into several large pieces and boil for 10 mins.
- Place quinoa, water, and peas in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 mins. Let it aside for 5 mins to absorb any water left.
- In a large bowl mash the cooked sweet potato with a fork. Add the cooked quinoa and peas, shredded onion, and seasoning. Mix everything well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Shape the mixture into patties. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 mins. Enjoy!