Delicious sweet potato is mixed with nutrient-dense quinoa, peas, and onion. All that seasoned with various spices to create these rich and flavorful burger patties.
These burger patties are homemade, loaded with plant protein. Super healthy – they are baked, not fried.
Also really easy to make, ready in just 30 mins. They make a great healthy family lunch or dinner.
This is a plant-based recipe (no eggs, dairy-free) that is free of oil. It is prepared with only pure whole food ingredients and also gluten-free.
All-in-all, this recipe is truly healthy and processed-food free while being full of flavor.
Enjoy these patties with a creamy sauce, like my easy and Quick Universal Cashew Sauce.
Also great on a whole wheat bun with your favorite toppings.
Why you should eat quinoa more often?
- Quinoa is a great source of plant-based protein, that has all nine essential amino acids.
- It contains a higher amount of fiber than other grains. It improves digestion and fights constipation.
- Quinoa is highly nutritious, loaded with various minerals, like manganese, folate, magnesium.
- It is packed with flavonoids, antioxidant molecules that fight inflammation.
How to make these Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties?
These burger patties are so healthy and satiating. They are really easy to make.
This recipe has only 4 simple steps.
Step 1: Boil the sweet potato, chopped into several pieces.
Step 2: Put quinoa, water, and peas in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 mins. (Let it aside for 5 mins to absorb any water left.)
Step 3: In a large bowl mash the sweet potato and combine it with the other ingredients. Mix everything well.
Step 4: Shape the mixture into patties. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 mins.
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
These flavorful patties pair perfectly with the creamiest quick and easy Cashew Sauce.
These Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties are
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Packed with healthy plant protein
- Highly nutritious
- Really satiating
- Easy to make
- So healthy with wholesome ingredients!
For more whole food burger patties, check the plant-based recipes below:
- Cauliflower Burger Patties
- Oats & Nuts Vegan Balls
- Oil- and Gluten-free Baked Chickpea Balls
- Baked Arabic Veggie Bean Patties
- Easy & Healthy Spicy Cajun Balls
If you give these Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
- Chop the sweet potato into several large pieces and boil for 10 mins.
- Place quinoa, water, and peas in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 mins. Let it aside for 5 mins to absorb any water left.
- In a large bowl mash the cooked sweet potato with a fork. Add the cooked quinoa and peas, shredded onion, and seasoning. Mix everything well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Shape the mixture into patties. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 mins. Enjoy!