A smooth blend of sweet potato, parsnip, and onion for a naturally sweet and delicious flavor. Made with only 5 simple ingredients and ready in just 20 mins. This is one easy, warming, and comforting vegan soup you should try!
simple WHOLE FOOD INGREDIENTS
This Curried Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup is prepared with only 5 natural plant food ingredients. It is also oil-free, dairy-free, naturally gluten-free, healthy, and satisfying. Here is all you need:
- sweet potato
- curry powder
This soup recipe is soo easy and quick to make that it is definitely a saver when you are short of time! There might be just 5 ingredients yet since these are whole natural plant foods, this is one highly nutritious recipe!
How to prepare Curried Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup
Don’t worry at all. It just can’t be easier! It requires only 3 simple steps.
In my kitchen, I prefer water-based cooking techniques such as steaming and boiling. They are definitely the healthiest, unlike grilling, roasting or frying.
Higher cooking temperatures can trigger chemical reactions among food components, resulting in the production of dangerous substances, such as heterocyclic amines or advanced glycation end products. They are really harmful to your body and can cause DNA damage and cancer.
Step 1: Water-saute the chopped onion with the curry powder for several minutes. The curry releases its fantastic aroma and color. It is so inviting!
Step 2: Add the other vegetables, chopped into several large pieces. Pour water enough to cover the veggies well and boil until fork tender.
Step 3: Now all you need to do is to put everything in a blender and voila your soup is ready!
Fill your bowl to the top and enjoy!
- You can adjust the thickness of your soup by adding more or less vegetable broth or water.
- In my family, we love soups and often eat them as a main dish. So you can serve it with cooked buckwheat, chickpeas, even rice, or steamed veggies like broccoli.
- It also combines perfectly with a loaf of whole wheat bread or croutons. You can try it with my delicious vegan Easy No Knead Einkorn Bread.
this curried sweet potato Parsnip Soup is
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Beta carotene-rich
- Low in calories
- Highly nutritious
- Warm and comforting
- Super creamy and tasty!
more healthy vegan soup recipe ideas
I really hope you try this Curried Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup. Here are some more healthy soup recipes:
- Healthy Vegan Oat Balls Soup
- The Easiest Butternut Squash Soup
- Hearty and Fresh Chickpea Broccoli Soup
- Super Quick Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup
- Easy Broccoli Miso Soup
- Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup
If you give this Curried Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Chop the onion into small pieces. Put it in a pot with one cup of water, and stir in the curry powder. Cook for about 5 mins.
- Then chop the sweet potato and parsnips into several large pieces. Add them to the pot and pour the other 3 cups of water to cover all the veggies well. Add the salt and boil for another 15 mins.
- Place the cooked veggies with the broth in a blender for several minutes until creamy.
- Enjoy this Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup with some whole wheat croutons or steamed broccoli florets.
- You can adjust the thickness of the Sweet Potato Parsnip Soup by adding more or less vegetable broth or water.
- Serve it more as a main meal with some cooked buckwheat, chickpeas, or even rice. Why not some steamed veggies as well.