Softly cooked white beans are mixed with rolled oats, carrot, onion. All that seasoned with a variety of aromatic spices to create these soft and chewy white bean nuggets!
Enjoy them with this easy, rich, and creamy 5-minute Cashew sauce for extra flavor!
The recipe is plant-based (no dairy, no eggs are used). It is prepared with only whole food plant ingredients and is oil-free.
If you are gluten-free, make sure you use certified gluten-free oats.
Loaded with healthy plant protein these Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets will keep you full for longer. They are comforting, satisfying, and flavorful.
The white beans mixed with rolled oats creates a chewy texture that is so pleasing. The nuggets stay soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Serve them as a healthy vegan lunch or dinner topped with the tastiest Cashew Sauce! Everyone will love them!
I love how these nuggets taste but I love even more how healthy they are for me!
First and foremost, they are made with whole natural plant ingredients. No meat, no dairy, no sugar, no oil!!!
Oil is probably the most overlooked unhealthy food. It is pure fat, high in calories, and no nutrition. Eating oil-free keeps your brain healthy, the blood pure, even your skin is clearer!
Instead, you get to eat healthy beans and oats. Super rich in fiber and natural, complex carbohydrates, beans and oat supply you with lasting energy while keeping your gut bacteria happy! And Hippocrates was right, all health begins in the gut!
And those cashews! They give the sauce its creamy texture while providing you slow to absorb, fiber-bound fats that the body can actually use for energy.
I also used cumin, savory, black pepper, paprika for better taste but also for an extra dose of vitamins and antioxidants. Adding herbs can double the antioxidant content of a meal and I always try to use them. And so tasty they are!
While we are talking spices, nutritional yeast… It gives such a unique aroma but it is also one of the few complete sources of all the B vitamins!
And to make sure that your brain stays healthy, I added ground flax seeds, super-rich in those anti-inflammatory Omega-3 fats.
How to prepare the Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets?
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
Also, check the video for visual instructions!
If you use cooked beans, this can be one really quick and easy recipe.
Of course, you can use canned white beans or you can cook your own beans.
I always prefer to boil my beans at home. It takes time but there will be no added substances, such as salt, sugar, or others that are present in canned beans. Just soak your beans overnight. Then, rinse them and boil in plenty of water until soft.
To prepare the white bean nuggets you will need a food processor. Place all ingredients for them in it and pulse until a sticky soft mixture forms. Then, take about a full tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball.
I used an ice cream/cookie scoop spoon and it was a lot easier as my hands stayed clean (see the video recipe)! It becomes a lot more simple and easy!
Bake the white bean nuggets.
Meanwhile, you can prepare the delicious Cashew Sauce. It is ready in just 5 minutes and is so flavorful! Place all ingredients for it in a high-powered blender. Blend for several minutes until creamy.
Serve the nuggets with this amazing cashew sauce and enjoy!
Why you will love these Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets?
- whole food
- rich in fiber
- high in healthy plant protein
- soft and crispy at the same time
- super delicious and satisfying
- topped with the creamiest cashew sauce!
- a great healthy vegan lunch, dinner, or snack!
Want more healthy vegan bean recipes?
If you liked our Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets, here are more healthy plant protein-rich recipes for you:
- Curried Sweet Potato Beans
- Quick & Easy Bean Spread
- Mashed Beans with Mushrooms
- Healthy Bean & Leek Casserole
- Loaded Bean and Lentil Soup
If you give these Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
For the White Bean Nuggets
- 2 cups (300 g) cooked white beans
- ½ cup (50 g) rolled oats
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp savory
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
For the Cashew Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- For the bean nuggets, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a smooth and sticky mixture forms. (You may need to add one or two more tablespoons of water if necessary to go easier).
- Once it is ready, take about a full tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. I used an ice cream/cookie scoop spoon and it was a lot quicker and easier as my hands stayed clean.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the nuggets in it.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until slightly brown and little cracks start to form.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Cashew sauce. Place all ingredients for it in a high-powered blender and blend for several minutes until creamy.
- Serve the White Bean Nuggets with this rich and creamy Cashew Sauce and enjoy!