This Coconut Lentil Curry is so creamy, hearty, nourishing, and full of flavor! This is one truly healthy meal that is packed with protein, fiber, and important micronutrients.
The recipe is plant-based, whole food, oil-free, and can be made with a gluten-free garnish.
This Coconut Lentil Curry is ready in just 30 mins so it is perfect for lunch, dinner, or meal prep.
A Coconut Lentil Curry with a smooth and creamy texture that is absolutely dairy-free! An enchanting mix of eastern scents that are so irresistible. This meal is definitely one of our favorites and we always make a big batch of it.
This is one tasty, satiating, and healthy meal all at once! It is prepared with only whole food ingredients and is free of oil. If you are gluten-free serve this delicious coconut lentil curry will some cooked rice, mashed potatoes, quinoa, or buckwheat.
Simple whole food ingredients
This Coconut Lentil Curry doesn’t require a lot of effort. This is a super healthy meal prepared without any processed foods. It is ready in just 30 mins with just 9 simple ingredients (without the salt and pepper), which are as follows:
- Coconut milk
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
Well, it’s a whole plant food meal.
Without heavily processed ingredients, this is a curry that is your best friend on your health journey or in the battle with the extra weight.
Lentils are a great source of plant proteins and healthy complex carbohydrates. They are also abundant in zinc, copper, and iron that keeps your brain healthy and sharp.
Couscous, esp. whole grain, is rich in complex starch which is also slow to digest, keeps you full for longer, and prevents overeating.
The garlic is rich in the organosulfur compounds and flavonoids to prevent disease and keep you trim while the turmeric and ginger are one of the most powerful immune system boosters.
The cumin, coriander, and black pepper are also superabundant in antioxidants and micronutrients. They help you detoxify and satisfy your hunger better and suppress your appetite.
All in all, you get healthier and trimmer with this creamy coconut lentil curry.
And you enjoy yourself in the process so much!
How to make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry?
This coconut lentil curry is really easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. It requires 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Combine the couscous and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 mins. Leave it aside covered until the water is soaked completely.
Step 2: Meanwhile, put the pressed garlic, cumin, and coriander in a pot with a half cup of water. Saute for 3-5 mins. Add the chopped tomatoes, lentils, turmeric, ginger, salt, black pepper, and water. Cook for about 20 mins or until the lentils are ready.
Step 3: Then, add the coconut milk to the meal. Stir well and let simmer for another 5-10 mins until it thickens.
Enjoy this Creamy Lentil Curry served with boiled couscous!
Another serving suggestion if you are gluten-free is mashed potatoes, cooked rice, quinoa, or buckwheat.
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
This Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry is:
- Whole food
- Packed with protein
- Rich in fiber
- Easy to make
- Ready in just 30 mins
For more whole food meal ideas, check the plant-based recipes below:
- Healthy Lentil Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Easy Curry Mushrooms Over White Bean Mash
- Creamy Vegan Chickpea Curry
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Creamy & Light Zucchini Spread
If you give this Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
- 1½ cups (270 g) lentils
- 1½ cup (360 ml) water or more as needed
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup (240 ml) coconut milk
For the garnish
- ⅔ cup (130 g) couscous
- 1⅔ cups (400 ml) water
- Combine the couscous and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 mins. Leave it aside covered until the water is soaked completely.
- Meanwhile, put the pressed garlic, cumin, and coriander in a pot with a half cup of water. Saute for 3-5 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, lentils, turmeric, ginger, salt, black pepper, and water. Cook for about 20 mins or until the lentils are ready.
- Then, add the coconut milk to the meal. Stir well and let simmer for another 5-10 mins until it thickens.
- Enjoy this creamy lentil curry served with boiled couscous!
- Add more or less water to the coconut curry to the desired thickness.
- If you are gluten-free make this creamy coconut lentil curry with cooked rice, mashed potatoes, or quinoa.
- Optional: Soak the lentils overnight to activate their enzymes. Thus they become easier to digest and faster to cook (usually when soaked lentils cook for about 15 mins).