These vegan Chocolate Overnight Oats are a perfect creamy quick and easy make-ahead breakfast or snack.
They are healthy, made with just a few ingredients, and naturally sweetened with fruit. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
These chocolate overnight oats are made with only 6 simple whole food ingredients. They are naturally sweetened with fruit, have no oil, and are so healthy. Here is what you need:
- rolled oats – I like rolled oats or old-fashioned oats best for overnight oats, use gluten-free certified if necessary. Quick oats will also work.
- plant-based milk – any dairy-free milk works. I usually use soy or almond depending on what I have on hand.
- mashed banana – use half ripe banana that is easy to mash. It adds creaminess and naturally sweetens the overnight oats.
- cacao powder – I used raw cacao powder, it is packed with antioxidants and many minerals, like iron, magnesium, zinc. Raw cacao powder adds an amazing chocolate aroma and taste while using whole food ingredient, not chocolate itself.
- dates – I used chopped regular dates. They sweeten the overnight oats naturally and are rich in fiber and minerals. Thus, you don’t need to use processed sweetener.
- hazelnuts – I use raw or roasted hazelnuts on top for some healthy omega-3 fatty acids for your brain
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Are These Chocolate Overnight Oats Healthy
These chocolate overnight oats are 100% healthy to enjoy. This recipe packs plenty of health benefits thanks to the ingredients I used. They are great for weight loss as they are low in fat.
First of all, all ingredients are whole food, meaning there is no processed and harmful stuff that can lead to many health risks in the future.
Oats are among the healthiest food you can eat. They are nutritious and loaded with soluble fiber, that helps reduce cholesterol levels, takes toxins out of the body, and promotes healthy gut bacteria. Plus, they are quite filling.
These chocolate overnight oats are naturally sweetened with whole fruit. I use dates instead of other processed sweeteners, like maple or agave syrup. The natural sugars in dates are bound to fiber, which makes them slow to digest. Thus, your blood sugar levels stay balanced.
I used raw cacao powder in this recipe instead of chocolate. It adds an amazing chocolate flavor and aroma to the oats. It’s abundant in antioxidants (that prevent inflammation) as well as minerals such as iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Soaking time – you can eat these chocolate overnight oats even after 2 hours of soaking. The more you wait for them the softer they will become.
- If you like a sweeter flavor you can always add more dates or a teaspoon of any liquid sweetener – date syrup, agave, maple syrup. I find them sweet enough as they are.
- The recipe makes 1 serving (1 glass or jar), so if you want to make more, adjust the amount of the ingredients.
- Topping suggestions – sliced strawberries, banana, blueberries, raspberries.
These chocolate Overnight oats are
- whole food
- naturally sweetened
- easy and tasty
- no pots or pans required
- a healthy way to start the day
- a great make-ahead breakfast or afternoon snack
How to Serve and Store
These chocolate overnight oats are typically enjoyed cold straight from the fridge and are quite refreshing and energizing. They can be taken on the go and will be fine for a few hours out of the fridge.
Combine the chocolate overnight oats with some chopped fresh fruit of choice for extra nutrition. One of my favorite toppings is chopped strawberries, you can also use blueberries, raspberries, banana slices, etc.
Store them in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 2-3 days.
More healthy oats recipes
- Sugar-free Vegan Apple Pie
- Quick and Healthy Purple Oatmeal
- Quick Energy Breakfast
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Healthy Vegan Nuggets
- Vegan Oat Meatballs Soup
If you try these Chocolate Overnight Oats, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. I would love to see your recreations so don’t forget to tag me on your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove.
Chocolate Overnight Oats
These creamy chocolate overnight oats are a perfect quick and easy make-ahead breakfast or snack. They are healthy, made with just a few ingredients, and naturally sweetened with fruit. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
- ½ cup (50 g) fine rolled oats
- ½ cup (120 ml) dairy-free milk (soy, almond, oat)
- ½ banana (70 g)
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 2 dates, chopped
- 5-6 hazelnuts
- In a medium bowl mash the banana with a fork until creamy. Then, add the oats, cacao powder, and chopped dates. Pour the dairy-free milk into the bowl as well and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Add the mixture to a glass jar, cover with a lid, and put in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 2 hours).
- Top with several hazelnuts, fruit of choice, and enjoy!
- You can use any dairy-free milk - almond, soy, oat, etc.
- Optional toppings: sliced strawberries, banana, blueberries, raspberries.
- The recipe makes 1 serving, so if you want to make more, adjust the amount of the ingredients.
- The total time does not include chill time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 417Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 10gSugar: 22gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THIS PHOTO: