Simple healthy Whole Wheat Vegan Crepes that are nutritious, easy, made with simple whole food ingredients. They make a delicious breakfast that the whole family will love. Enjoy topped with strawberry jam, blueberries, chopped fruits, pure maple syrup.
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). It is free of oil and has no sugar in it. This is a truly healthy breakfast to surprise your family with.
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
These whole wheat vegan crepes pancakes are so healthy, made without any harmful processed foods. All you need is a non-stick pan and these clean ingredients:
- Whole wheat flour – unlike all-purpose flour, the whole wheat is rich in fiber and important micronutrients
- Dates – as a sweetener instead of sugar for healthier crepes pancakes
- Ground flax and chia seeds – they serve as an egg-replacer and keep everything together
- Baking powder, baking soda – just a half teaspoon of both is enough
- Liquid – I used plain filtered water, you may also use any plant-based milk
- Maca root powder – to boost the nutritional value (it is optional)
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Optimized for Health and Perfect Weight
These vegan crepes are made of 100% whole natural plant food!
No oil and free of sugar, they are much healthier than other crepes!
Whole wheat flour is full of fiber and micronutrients and is super high in nutrition.
Flax and chia seeds are abundant in lignans and healthy Omega-3 fatty acids that protect your brain and fight inflammation.
In this vegan crepes recipe, there is Maca root powder and cinnamon that help keep your blood pressure normal.
How to make healthy Whole Wheat crepes
The recipe for these healthy whole wheat crepes is really easy to make. Here are the 2 simple steps to follow.
Step 1. Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend for 5 mins.
Step 2. Cook in a non-stick pan without oil over medium heat. Pour a half cup of batter into the pan, tilt and swirl the pan to evenly spread the batter. Cook for several minutes on both sides. You should get about 10 large crepes pancakes.
Enjoy straight from the pan topped with your favorite pancake toppings – like this 10-min strawberry jam, maple syrup, blueberries, chopped fruits.
These Whole Wheat Crepes are
- Plant-base (vegan)
- Whole food
- High in fiber
- Rich in healthy omega-3 fats
- Make a cozy and healthy breakfast!
More easy healthy plant-based breakfast recipes
- Homemade Healthy Strawberry Jam
- Easy Bean Tofu Scramble
- Vegan Energy Breakfast
- Quick and Healthy Purple Oatmeal
- Healthy Oats Apple Pie
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
If you give these Whole Wheat Vegan Crepes a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend for 5 minutes.
- Cook in a non-stick pan without oil over medium heat. Pour a half cup of batter into the pan, tilt and swirl the pan to evenly spread the batter. Cook for several minutes on both sides. You should get about 10 large crepes.
- Enjoy topped with your favorite pancake topping - strawberry jam, maple syrup, chopped fruits.
- You can also use a ladle to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- The desired consistency should be a little bit thicker than usual for pancakes.
- The flax and chia seeds serve as an egg-replacer. They partially soak the water and swell so that everything is kept together.