A colorful combination of rolled oats and berries that is so healthy and flavorful! Topped with some fresh and juicy apple makes the perfect breakfast!
The recipe is plant-based (no dairy, no eggs). It is also quick and easy to prepare. Definitely one of our favorites! Ready in just 15 mins!
This Quick & Healthy Purple Oatmeal is naturally sweetened from healthy berries and apple. No sugar is added to the meal, only whole plant food ingredients.
Why you should eat oats more often?
- Oats are rich in fiber, necessary for your gut health and reduce excess cholesterol in your body.
- Oats contain important minerals and vitamins, such as manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, Vitamin B1.
- They are a good source of complex carbs and healthy omega-3 fats that will keep you full for longer.
- Oats contain β-glucan (soluble fiber) that delays the absorption of glucose, keeping your blood sugar level well balanced.
How to prepare this Quick & Healthy Purple Oatmeal?
My favorite part of this recipe is that it is so easy and is ready in just 15 mins! See the video recipe!
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
Also, check the video for visual instructions!
For this recipe I use a mix of frozen berries. It contains blackberries, red currant, raspberries, black currant, and blueberries.
They make such a perfect combination of sweet and sour taste, that is so irresistible!
Boil some water. I usually use an electric kettle. It takes only a minute.
Cover the oats with boiling water and let them sit for 10 mins.
Then, drain and place over the berries. Add some cinnamon and chia seeds. Stir everything well.
Top with some chopped apple and enjoy!
This Quick & Healthy Purple Oatmeal is the perfect tasty vegan breakfast!
Full of antioxidant-rich and low-glycemic berries to boost your immune system.
Super nutritious breakfast that will keep you full for longer.
Optimized for Perfect Health and Weight
Since this oatmeal has only whole plant food ingredients, it is already a super healthy food.
Oat are rich in fiber and healthy complex carbohydrates that are satiating and stop you from overeating.
Also, oats are a great prebiotic for your gut microbiome i.e. boost your immune system.
Chia seeds are abundant in those healthy Omega-3 fats that your brain health depends on.
Cinnamon and berries are an antioxidant powerhouse that fight inflammation, free radicals, and aging.
Why you will love this Quick & Healthy Purple Oatmeal?
- Whole food
- High in fiber
- Super healthy
- Deliciously sweet
- The perfect start of the day!
Want more healthy vegan recipes with oats?
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Easy No Bake 5-ingredient Oat Balls
- Healthy Oat Balls Soup Vegan
- Quick & Healthy Energy Breakfast
- Healthy Oats Apple Pie
If you give this Quick & Healthy Purple Oatmeal a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Boil some hot water. Once it is boiling take it off the heat. (I use an electric kettle.)
- Place rolled oats in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the berries in a serving plate and let them thaw a bit.
- When the oats are ready, drain them and place over the berries.
- Add cinnamon and chia seeds. Stir everything well.
- Add the chopped apple on top and enjoy!
- Also, watch the video for visual instructions.