This easy zucchini dip is made with walnuts, red onion, garlic, lemon, and dill! A perfect zucchini recipe for this season! Serve it with toasted bread or crackers!
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). This is one healthy zucchini dip as it has no oil. Another advantage of this recipe is that it is also quick and easy to prepare!
I used whole raw walnuts and nutritional yeast to give it a hearty and creamy feel.
At the same time, the zucchini and parsley add freshness and juiciness.
The result is a zucchini spread which is really satiating and tasty.
It makes a healthy lunch idea, served with delicious whole wheat bread or toast.
You can also make a big batch and have it for breakfast or as a snack.
To keep it fresh, you might want to use a vacuum container.
Great for Weight Loss
If you want to lose weight, whole plant foods are your best choice.
This is whole natural plant food spread without any oil.
Oil is the most calorie-dense food that is devoid of any nutrition. It is simply empty calories.
Instead, you get to eat whole walnuts.
These are rich in fiber and slow to digest to keep you full for longer and avoid overeating.
Optimized for great health
The raw walnuts and flax seeds are rich in Omega-3, keeping your heart and brain healthy.
With garlic and onion, which protect the good bacteria in your gut and keep the bad ones away.
The fresh parsley and dill are full of antioxidants and micronutrients which are vital for detoxification.
Only whole plant foods, as usual, to keep you full for longer and stop you from overeating!
Why you will love this Zucchini & Walnut Dip?
- Rich in Omega-3
- Easy to make
- Full of flavor
- Delicious on a loaf of bread, toast, or crackers!
Want more healthy plant-based dips and spread recipes?
- Quick & Easy Bean Spread
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Eggplant and Pepper Vegetable Spread
- Healthy Vegan Sunflower Seeds Dip
- Easy Creamy & Light Zucchini Spread
Should you give this Zucchini & Walnut Dip a try, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. Or snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 oz (60 gr) raw walnuts
- ½ red onion, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ bunch of dill, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Place the shredded zucchini with a pinch of salt in a pot and cook until the water evaporates or around 10-15 min.
- Meanwhile, pulse the raw walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- When the zucchini are ready, add to the pot the chopped walnuts,
shredded onion, pressed garlic, lemon juice, chopped dill, nutritional
yeast, ground flax seeds, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix everything well and sprinkle with parsley.
- Enjoy this Zucchini & Walnut Dip on a loaf of bread, toast, or crackers!