Quick and easy Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread!
Fresh avocado mashed with some garlic, basil, turmeric, and other aromatic herbs. Combined with soft chickpeas for one of the most creamy and tasty spread ever!
This homemade recipe is prepared with only whole plant food ingredients and is absolutely oil-free!
Super healthy sandwich spread for breakfast or afternoon snack. Loaded with healthy fatty acids and plant protein!
This Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread can be also used as a dip for roasted veggies, as an appetizer or for burgers or sandwiches.
Why you should eat avocado more often?
There are numerous health benefits of eating avocadoes. Here are some of them:
- Avocado is super nutritious and is loaded with healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- It is also rich in fiber, which slows the absorption of the fats.
- Avocado contains a lot of potassium necessary for your heart health and homeostasis.
- It helps to maintain a good lipid profile, reducing cholesterol levels.
Healthy All the Way
Avocadoes, as healthy as they are, are just an ingredient.
To make a healthy dish, you need to use only healthy ingredients.
That’s why this is a 100% whole natural plant food sandwich spread.
The calories mainly come from whole avocadoes and chickpeas.
Chickpeas are rich in resistant starch and fiber which fill you up and feed the good bacteria in your gut. And healthy gut microbiome is crucial for a healthy immune system and weight.
The humble chickpeas are also rich in protein and complex carbohydrates which are slow to digest and provide lasting energy.
Onion and garlic powerful immune system boosters because of their high antioxidant and micronutrient content such as alliinase, a powerful anticancer organosulfur compound.
Much of the same can be said about turmeric which contains curcumin, another super powerful immune booster.
I also added nutritional yeast, a prebiotic that is complete source of all B vitamins.
How to prepare the Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread?
This super delicious sandwich spread is super easy to make. And is ready in just 10 minutes!
You may use a food processor. Likewise, you can just mash the avocado with a fork. It is up to you.
Put all ingredients in the processor and blend for several minutes until smooth. I prefer to cut the onion into tiny pieces by hand. I like the crunchy feeling it gives to the spread. The small onion pieces also add a texture to this fantastic and fresh Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread. Of course, you can put everything at once in the processor and voila!
Avocado Chickpea Sandwich topping ideas
Feel free to add whatever products you like to make your toast even more pleasurable. Here are just some of our suggestions:
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Different sprouts
- Radish slices
- Tomato slices
- Tofu cubes
- Herbs like fenugreek, parsley
- A curious cat 😉
Want more healthy plant-based avocado recipes?
If you want to keep a healthy weight, boost your energy level and thrive, try some of our pure vegan oil-free plant-based recipes bellow:
- Red Bean and Avocado Green Salad
- No Sugar, Nut Free Avocado Truffles
- Chickpea, Lentil, Avocado Burger
- Super Healthy Banana Avocado Chocolate Cake
If you give this Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Put all the other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl combine the chopped onion and the chickpea avocado mixture and stir.
- Serve the chickpea avocado spread over a loaf of whole wheat bread.
- Chop some fresh radishes, sprouts or red cabbage on top and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 453Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 21gSugar: 9gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.