A surprisingly delicious combination of ground raw cashew nuts, dates, and coconut shreds, topped with the most amazing avocado banana cream. All that mixed with some fresh fruits for a perfectly healthy sweet temptation.
This is a plant-based recipe (dairy-free, egg-free) prepared with only natural whole food ingredients.
These creamy avocado bowls are really delicious, satisfying, and comforting.
A perfectly healthy choice when you want to eat something sweet. It’s a guilt-free dessert you can enjoy every day.
I love making desserts. What I love even more is making such healthy, worry-free desserts that bring me joy and nourish my body!
As healthy as nutritious
A healthy dessert, though… It’s not an oxymoron, it can be a reality.
These chocolate avocado bowls are just that.
Whole natural foods mixed together to create a moment of pure bliss.
Super rich in micronutrients, natural sugars, healthy fats, and fiber.
Fiber is what makes you full and sucks toxins out of the body. You cannot detoxify without it!
Micronutrients are what makes you… you. They build your tissues, regulate your body and are vital for detoxification.
What makes this dessert so healthy is that it is sweet, all right, but that sweetness is packaged with the nutrition you need.
Instead of sugar, I used dates and bananas. Rich in potassium, they help you regulate the important sodium-potassium balance in the body that is so important for a healthy immune system. Dates also have selenium for your thyroid and manganese, copper and magnesium for healthy bones.
The recipe is oil-free. I used coconut shreds, avocadoes, and cashews. Rich in healthy fiber-bound fats that are released slowly into the bloodstream so that you can use them for energy and not store them as fats. You also get magnesium, zinc, vitamins C, E, K, and Bs. And they also have such a high fiber content, giving you a feeling of fullness.
Avocado is one great source of potassium, necessary for normal heart function. It contains no cholesterol at all and at the same time provides all those healthy essential fatty acids you need.
And that lemon, an alkalizing vitamin bomb that is so rich in antioxidants that will preserve the nutrition in the whole dessert for longer and help your body detoxify.
All that goodness is raw, unprocessed and bursting with nutrition. And taste.
How to prepare the Raw Chocolate Avocado Bowls?
The best part about these chocolate avocado bowls is that they taste so rich and flavorful that you cannot believe they are sogood for your health!
The Raw Chocolate Avocado Bowls is definitely one of the easy recipes.
You will need a food processor to ground the nuts and dates for the base.
Squeeze some lemon juice to the mixture for extra freshness. A sticky dough should be formed. For a finer texture, you can first grind the cashews and then add the other ingredients to the processor.
|Quick tip: Soak the dates for about 15-20 minutes so that they become softer, juicier and are easily chopped.|
Once the mixture is ready, take about two tablespoons and press evenly to the bottom of appropriate small bowls or cups. You will need around six or seven bowls. I made six bowls and left a small part of the nut mixture. Later I rolled it into six balls and used them for decoration. They became so lovely!
For the most amazing avocado cream, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. As a sweetener, I used dates (similarly as in the nut base). They are rich in fiber that make their natural sugars slowly absorbable. Above all, this keeps your blood sugar level well balanced and you stay healthy.
Spread the tasty avocado banana cream evenly over the nut base in the bowls and voila your Raw Chocolate Avocado Bowls are ready!
Store in a refrigerator and enjoy them any time of the day! Serve them as breakfast, snack or dessert after a meal, they are just fantastic!
Want more healthy plant-based avocado recipes?
If you want to keep your weight in check and stay on the healthy side in the kitchen, here are some of our healthy plant-based, oil-free recipes with avocado you should try:
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Chickpea, Lentil, Avocado Burger
- Super Healthy Banana Avocado Chocolate Cake
- No Sugar, Nut Free Avocado Truffles
- Red Bean and Avocado Green Salad
For the nut base
- 2 cups (200 g) raw cashew nuts
- ¾ cup (75 g) pitted dates
- 6 tbsp coconut shreds
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the avocado cream
- 2 avocados
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup (100 g) pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the nut base, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for several minutes until a sticky dough forms. Scrape the sides from time to time.
- Take about two tablespoons of the mixture and press it to the bottom of appropriate small bowls. You will need around six small bowls or cups.
- For the avocado cream, put all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Spread the avocado cream evenly over the nut base in the bowls.
- Decorate with small fruits like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- You may soak the dates in water for 20 mins to chop them easier.
- If you want a finer texture of the nut base, blend the cashews first and then add the remaining ingredients.
- You can set apart a small amount of the nut mixture to roll into six small balls for decoration.