Satisfying and delicious, this oil-free vegan red lentil soup is nourishing and so easy to make. It’s ready in only 15 minutes with just 7 simple pantry ingredients.
This simple red lentil soup is completely whole food plant based, oil-free, gluten-free, and nut-free. It is quick and easy to make, loaded with healthy plant protein and fiber.
Whole Food Ingredients
You can have this red lentil soup on the table in just 15 mins using a handful of easy to find pantry ingredients. Here are the 7 simple ingredients you need:
- red lentils – the recipe uses red lentil that cook fast
- vegetables – I used carrot, onion, and celery root
- garlic – makes it more appetizing and flavorful
- spices – you’ll need savory, paprika, and salt
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Is This Simple Red Lentil Soup Good for You
It’s not simply good for you, it’s truly healthy!
This red lentil soup is so high in healthy plant protein, rich in fiber as well as microelements like iron, magnesium, zinc and B vitamins. A bowl of this red lentil soup will protect you from heart disease, improve your cholesterol level, and support weight loss.
- How to Eat to Your Heart’s Content and Lose Weight
- What Unhealthy Processed Foods Are and Why They Are so Bad for Us
The recipe is completely whole food, plant-based, and contains no oil or other processed ingredients that are harmful to your body.
Also, this quick and easy vegan soup can be a savior when you are in a hurry, and you have no time to spend in the kitchen. On the table in just 15 mins, it allows you to quickly enjoy a healthy filling lunch or dinner. Plus, it’s budget-friendly too.
This Red Lentil Soup Recipe is
- plant-based (vegan)
- whole food
- packed with healthy plant protein
- a reliable source of fiber
- quick and easy to make
- ready in 15 mins
- satisfying and delicious
- a great vegan lunch or dinner
How to Serve This Red Lentil Soup
You can always enjoy a big bowl of this delicious red lentil soup alone or with sides. Here are some of the ways we serve it at home:
- Bread – enjoy it with slices of whole grain bread or this no knead einkorn bread
- Cooked grains – you can pair the soup with cooked brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, or couscous
- Salad – for an even healthier meal you can enjoy it with your favorite salad like this fresh cucumber carrot salad, broccoli and tofu green salad, other leafy greens, etc.
How to Store
This red lentil soup is perfect for meal prep. It not only tastes great on the next day and the flavors blend even better as time passes and it gets tastier.
Fridge: Let cool then store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat it on the stovetop or microwave before eating or you can try it cold. It will have thickened slightly the next day, so you can add a bit of water to it while reheating.
Freezer: It also freezes well. Let cool and store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
More Healthy bean and Lentil Recipes
- Red Lentil Peanut Butter Casserole
- Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- Lentil Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup
- Creamy Vegan Chickpea Curry
- Delicious White Bean Nuggets
- Zucchini and Spinach Bean Casserole
If you try this Easy Red Lentil Soup, please leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. If you take a photo and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me with @wellnessdove and use #wellnessdove as I would love to see your remakes!
Easy Red Lentil Soup
Satisfying and delicious, this red lentil soup is nourishing and easy to make in 15 minutes with simple pantry ingredients.
- ¾ cup (150 g/5 oz) red lentils
- 1 (170 g) large carrot, diced
- 1 (100 g) onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ cup (60 g) chopped celery root
- 1 tsp savory
- 1½ tsp paprika
- ⅔ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- Place all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for about 10-12 mins.
- Serve warm with cooked rice, potatoes, or whole grain bread. Enjoy!
- You can adjust the consistency of this red lentil soup. If you find it too thick, simply add a little more water to it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 330Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 603mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 12gSugar: 6gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.