Red lentils combine perfectly with sweet potato, onion, carrot, garlic, and flax seeds. All that seasoned with various spices, like turmeric, curry powder to create this hearty, colorful, and delicious meal!
This Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup is hearty and satisfying. It is packed with healthy plant protein and is ready in just 20 mins!
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). This soup is one nutrient-dense meal that is also oil-free and gluten-free.
This Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup is so easy to prepare. Just put everything in the pot and cook for 15 mins.
A delicious, healthy soup that can be enjoyed as a main meal as well.
Lentils are a great source of plant proteins, vitamins, minerals, and resistant starch.
Sweet potatoes are high in beta carotene and complex carbohydrates.
The wide variety of seasoning herbs boosts the high antioxidant level of the soup.
You can also serve it with cooked rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
Weight and Health Promoting
Another whole natural plant food recipe to keep you healthy and trim.
Rich in nutritious complex carbohydrates, the sweet potatoes and lentils keep you full and stop you from overeating.
Lentils also are a great source of plant proteins, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and B vitamins.
The sweet potatoes and carrots are a source of vitamin A and your Omega-3 needs are met by the inclusion of flax seeds.
Onion, garlic, and turmeric are superb immune system boosters and cancer prevention foods.
Fenugreek, ginger, celery, and parsley up the antioxidants to really healthy levels.
This Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup is:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Highly nutritious
- Loaded with plant protein
- Ready in just 20 mins
- So easy to prepare
- So rich and tasty
- A great lunch or dinner idea
Want more healthy plant-based soup recipes?
- Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup
- Easy and Healthy Sunflower Seeds Soup
- Easy Broccoli Miso Soup
- Healthy Bean and Lentil Soup
- Quick and Filling Zucchini & Cashew Cream Soup
If you give this recipe a try, I’d really appreciate a comment and rating below. Also, don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove.
- Chop the sweet potato into little pieces.
- Place everything (except flax seeds, parsley, and garlic) in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15-20 mins.
- When ready, add the ground flax seeds and pressed garlic. Stir everything well.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
- You can soak the lentils overnight to activate enzymes and make them easier to digest. However, this is optional.
- For a creamier texture, mash part of the sweet potato and return to the soup, stir well.
- Serve it with cooked rice or quinoa if you like.