This decadent chocolate oatmeal is so creamy and easy to make for a healthy filling breakfast that tastes amazing! It’s vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, and loaded with fiber.
This one-pot chocolate oatmeal is made with simple pantry ingredients. It is quick and easy to make for a fresh and healthy start of the day! Plus, it’s refined sugar-free!
- Dietary – vegan, whole food, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free
- Quick and easy to make
- Ready in less than 10 mins
- One pot meal
- Naturally sweetened
- A healthy way to start the day
This one-pot chocolate oatmeal is made with a few simple wholesome ingredients. Here they are:
- rolled oats – this recipe works best with rolled oats, use gluten-free certified if necessary.
- dairy-free milk – I used soy milk but any other variety works like almond, oat, cashew, etc.
- banana – use half ripe banana that is easy to mash. It adds creaminess and naturally sweetens the chocolate oatmeal.
- dates – I used regular dates, they are rich in fiber and minerals and sweeten the oatmeal naturally without using processed sweeteners.
- cocoa powder – use regular cocoa powder, adds great chocolate flavor
- cinnamon – just a touch of it for a warm, nice layer of cinnamon flavor
- vanilla – it enhances the flavor of the oatmeal, you can use pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast
Enjoy this healthy chocolate oatmeal made with simple whole food pantry ingredients.
Start your day with the incredible benefits of oats, a true superfood – a nutritious whole grain. Loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, oats promote digestion, keep you feeling full, and help maintain steady blood sugar levels.
This chocolate oatmeal makes for a nutritious and filling breakfast.
This oatmeal recipe relies on the natural sweetness of ripe bananas and luscious dates instead of refined sugars to satisfy your cravings, ensuring a delightful breakfast without any guilt.
Plus, this one-pot chocolate oatmeal is quick and easy to make, ready in just a few minutes. You must give it a try!
This Quick Chocolate Oatmeal is
- vegan (dairy-free & egg-free)
- whole food
- refined sugar-free
- can be gluten-free
- quick and easy
- one pot breakfast
- naturally sweetened
- high in fiber
- ready in minutes
- decadent and yummy
Chocolate Oatmeal Topping Ideas
You can always add variety and customize your chocolate oatmeal by adding all kinds of different toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- chopped strawberries
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- peanut butter or seed butter for a nut-free option
- chopped kiwi or raspberries
- coconut shreds
- chopped nuts or seeds, like pumpkin seeds, almonds
- blueberries and walnuts
- raw homemade strawberry jam
How to Store
This chocolate oatmeal is best to enjoy right away while still warm and creamy.
If you have leftovers store them in the fridge in a sealed container or a jar for up to 2 days. To reheat add a splash of plant-based milk and stir until heated through.
However, I recommend cooking oatmeal right before serving.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- Quick Brown Rice Pudding
- Tofu and Spinach Egg Scramble
- Healthy Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Easy Oil-free Homemade Granola
If you try this Quick Creamy Chocolate Oatmeal, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I love to see your remakes and hear what you think or any changes you make.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5-6 mins stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like chopped fruit, peanut butter, nuts/seeds, coconut shreds, etc. Enjoy!
- Any dairy-free milk is fine (soy, oat, almond, cashew, etc.)
- Gluten-free option: make sure you use gluten-free certified oats.
- If your banana isn't very ripe, you can add more dates for sweetness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 Bowl
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 322Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 8gSugar: 19gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THIS PHOTO: