This quick and easy recipe will show you how to make homemade granola that is healthy, vegan, delicious, easy to customize, and perfect for breakfast or a crunchy snack.
Not only is this homemade granola a great alternative to store-bought granola but it is also budget-friendly too. The recipe is healthy, oil-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, and easy to make.
Enjoy it with sliced bananas, blueberries, strawberries, and dairy-free yogurt or plant-based milk for a delicious breakfast treat.
- Dietary – vegan, whole food, oil-free, sugar-free, gluten-free
- Nutritional features – low in fat, no sugar, high in fiber
- Quick and easy to make
- Simple pantry ingredients
- Less than 10 ingredients
- Easy to customize
- Perfect for snacking and traveling
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
This homemade granola recipe is made with wholesome everyday ingredients. It’s healthy, has no oil or sugar, and is easy to make, ready in less than 30 mins.
- oats – use old-fashioned, also called rolled oats for this recipe. For gluten-free granola, be sure to use certified GF oats.
- walnuts – use plain raw, unsalted walnuts. You can swap them for your favorite nuts, like cashews, almonds, or use other seeds for nut-free granola.
- pumpkin seeds – use raw plain pumpkin seeds. Or you can use other seeds of choice, like sunflower seeds, or hemp seeds.
- coconut flakes – add great taste and variety to the granola
- raisins – they add a nice touch of sweetness. Feel free to use other dried fruit if you prefer, like chopped dates, dried figs, or cranberries
- cinnamon – just a touch of it for a warm, nice layer of cinnamon flavor
- orange juice – freshly squeezed orange juice is best. You’ll need one or one and a half oranges for half a cup of juice.
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Is This Healthy Homemade Granola Good for You
No doubt this homemade granola is good for you!
Store-bought granola typically is loaded with overly processed refined sugar and oil, while this homemade granola contains no sugar and no oil at all. Instead, it is naturally sweetened with dried fruit and doesn’t need oil to make it delicious. Also, this homemade granola contains no preservatives and is made with quality ingredients.
It is budget-friendly too. Store-bought granola can be very expensive, so you are also saving quite a bit of money here.
Combine this homemade granola with dairy-free milk and fresh fruit like banana or berries and you have a wholesome healthy breakfast that is nutritious and filling.
Oats are well known for their high fiber content. They are rich in beta-glucan (a type of soluble fiber) that helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels and promotes healthy gut bacteria.
Don’t hesitate and give this healthy homemade granola a try!
This Healthy Homemade Granola is
- whole food
- contains no sugar
- crispy and crunchy
- quick and easy to make
- ready in less than 30 mins
- made with everyday ingredients
- a healthy alternative to store-bought one
- perfect for breakfast, snacking, or traveling
How to Store
Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet before storing.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
How to Serve
- Sprinkle granola on top of smoothies, smoothie bowls, or banana nice cream for added crunch.
- Enjoy it with plant-based milk to replace cereal.
- Serve with dairy-free yogurt and fresh fruit on top.
- Use it as a quick snack, pair it with chopped apples or bananas.
- You can also make granola bars or cups.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Quick Brown Rice Pudding
- Banana Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
If you try this Healthy Homemade Granola, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Click here to leave a review.
Healthy Homemade Granola | Oil-free
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the orange juice. Mix together.
- Then add the orange juice into the bowl as well and stir with a spoon to combine. If you use maple syrup, now is the time to add it.
- Spread the granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet into an even layer. Bake for about 20 mins until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Let it cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy your homemade granola with plant-based milk of choice and some fresh fruit, like blueberries, banana, or strawberries.
- You can use any nuts or mix of them for this recipe, like cashews, almonds, or pecans.
- Nut-free option: instead of walnuts you can use any seeds like sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, more pumpkin seeds.
- Gluten-free option: use gluten-free certified oats if necessary.
- Feel free to use any dried fruit of your choice – chopped dates, dried figs, cranberries, etc.