This healthy vegan brownie baked oatmeal is so fudgy, chocolatey, and delicious! It is super easy to make with simple pantry ingredients and is ready in just 15 mins. No eggs, dairy, or oil necessary.
The recipe is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and oil-free. All you need is a handful of simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Swiftly mix the ingredients together, place it all in the oven, and then have it ready to enjoy in just 10 mins.
This oatmeal strikes the perfect balance between health and richness, offering a nutritious and indulgent start to the day with its fudgy brownie flavor.
- Dietary – whole food, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free
- Nutritional features – low fat, high fiber
- Quick and easy to make
- Ready to enjoy in just 15 mins
- Only 7 simple pantry ingredients
- Naturally sweetened with fruit
- Healthy and delicious
- Yummy breakfast, snack, or dessert
Whole Food Ingredients
Indulge in this healthy and delicious vegan brownie baked oatmeal. It is ready in just 15 mins and made with simple pantry ingredients. Here is what you’ll need:
- oats – use rolled oats for this recipe, for gluten-free oatmeal, be sure to use certified GF oats.
- plant-based milk – I used oat milk but any other variety works – almond, soy, cashew, etc.
- dates – I used regular pitted dates, they are rich in fiber and minerals and sweeten the oatmeal naturally without using processed sweeteners.
- peanut butter – use natural peanut butter with no additives like sugar, salt or oil. You can swap it for almond butter, cashew, or hazelnut butter.
- cocoa powder – use regular cocoa powder, adds great chocolate flavor
- vanilla – it enhances the flavor of the oatmeal, you can use pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- ground flax seed – a great source of healthy omega-3 fats. Always use freshly ground flax seeds so they can be digested and absorbed.
- optional – dairy-free dark chocolate chips to sprinkle on top for extra chocolatey flavor
Please find the recipe card below for the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions.
Why You Should Make This Brownie Baked Oatmeal
This brownie baked oatmeal offers a delectable brownie-like flavor without the eggs, oil and sugar. The recipe is vegan and strikes a perfect balance between health and decadence!
This brownie oatmeal is rich, indulgent, tastes amazing and is made with just 7 wholesome ingredients.
This brownie baked oatmeal recipe is:
- High in fiber: Rolled oats are a good source of fiber, which can help regulate digestion, lower cholesterol levels, and keep you feeling full for longer periods.
- Rich in nutrients: Dates are a natural sweetener and are rich in vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Plus, you avoid using processed sweeteners.
- Low in fat: Using peanut butter in moderation adds a rich, nutty flavor and some healthy fats to the recipe, but it still keeps the overall fat content low.
- Satisfying and delicious: This brownie oatmeal recipe is a tasty and satisfying breakfast option that can help you start your day on a sweet note without compromising your health goals.
This Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal is
- vegan (plant-based)
- whole food
- refined sugar-free
- high in fiber
- quick and easy
- ready in just 15 mins
- decadent and yummy
- fudgy and chocolatey
- amazing breakfast, snack, or dessert!
How to Store
This brownie baked oatmeal can be enjoyed right away. It is equally delicious warm or cold. We often eat it as an afternoon snack or dessert, straight from the dish.
- Make sure this brownie baked oatmeal is completely cool before storing.
- Room temperature: You can keep it out of the fridge for a day. It is best to cover it so it doesn’t dry out.
- Fridge: You can also store it covered or in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Healthy Oat Recipes
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries
- Healthy Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cake with Strawberries
- Quick and Easy Energy Breakfast
- No Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Banana Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Homemade Granola | Oil-free
If you try this Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Put the oat milk, dates, peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Meanwhile, place the oats and ground flax seed in a baking dish (mine measures 23 x 12 cm (9" x 5").
- Pour the blended mixture over the oats and stir with a spoon to combine.
- After that, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top, if desired and bake for 10 mins.
- Enjoy right away or let it cool!