This simple vegan walnut sauce is ready in just a few minutes, packed with flavor, and free of oil. Whole nuts and spices blended together to create this fiber-rich creamy delight.
One clean, healthy, and simple sauce recipe
You will need only 6 wholesome ingredients for this lovely creamy dairy-free, and gluten-free nutty sauce.
It can be used as a salad dressing, a healthy dip for fresh or roasted veggies, and a delicious sauce for burgers, falafels, or vegan “meatballs”.
The recipe for this delicious walnut falafel sauce is plant-based (dairy-free). It has no processed ingredients, no oil andis made with simple whole food ingredients.
Whole food Ingredients
For this creamy and delicious sauce you will need only 6 whole food plant-based ingredients.
- walnuts – use plain raw walnuts without added salt, oil, or sugar
- cashews – same as the walnuts, plain raw cashews work best
- garlic – creates this yummy flavor
- lemon juice – always use freshly squeezed
- black pepper
How to make walnut vegan falafel sauce
It is just so easy to make this yummy walnut sauce. It takes only 5 minutes, one single step and that’s it! So simple.
Step 1: Place all ingredients for the walnut sauce in a blender. Blend for several minutes until smooth and creamy.
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
Perfect for Weight-loss and Great Health
This is a really simple whole food recipe.
Instead, you get fiber-rich nuts, rich in healthy protein, vitamin E, magnesium, zinc…
Healthy whole food unsaturated fats that even help lower your bad cholesterol levels. All of this makes nuts especially good for your heart, according to Mayo Clinic.
These are slow to digest calories which keep you full for longer and prevent overeating. You get to stay lean!
The garlic, lemon, and black pepper. These are not just spices but micronutrient and antioxidant-rich foods. They help you detox and satisfy your nutritional hunger.
This walnut vegan falafel sauce is
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Made with whole food ingredients
- Rich in healthy omega-3s
- Easy to make
- Ready in just 5 mins
- So creamy and flavorful
How to serve vegan walnut sauce
This recipe will work served as a sauce, dip, or salad dressing – depending on the amount of water you use.
- Use as a walnut salad dressing over all kinds of green salads or other vegetable salads to make them even more delicious and nutritious. For example, try it with this Fresh Cucumber Carrot Salad. Or can pour it over buddha bowls.
- Serve it as a yummy sauce with your favorite burger patties, such as these Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties, or Cauliflower Burger Patties. Also, try it with these healthy Oats and Nuts Vegan Balls and of course with delicious falafels.
- Top your vibrant spring rolls in this walnut sauce, or drizzle it over your wraps and tacos. It is great for rice dishes as well.
- Enjoy it as a dip for fresh or roasted veggies, like roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, onion.
How to store
Store this vegan walnut sauce in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
The sauce will thicken in the fridge and can be thinned with a little bit of water if needed.
More healthy sauces and dips to try
- Quick Universal Cashew Sauce
- Easy and Creamy Zucchini Dip
- Healthy Vegan Sunflower Seeds Dip
- 10-minute Scrumptious Bean Dip
- No Oil Vegan Salad Dressing
If you try this Walnut Vegan Falafel Sauce, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. As I would love to see your recreations, don’t forget to tag me on your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove.
- Place walnuts, cashews, water, garlic, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a blender. Blend for several minutes until creamy.
- Serve with delicious homemade falafels, burgers, or veggies.
- You can adjust the thickness of your sauce by adding more or less water.
- Optional: soak the nuts for 1-2 hours before blending, to activate their enzymes. If you do so use only 1 cup of water for the sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 176Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.