Tasty chickpeas and cauliflower combined into this fantastic burger patty. Seasoned with a great variety of eastern spices, like cumin, coriander, and savory.
Loaded with healthy plant-based protein, these Cauliflower Burger Patties make a perfect lunch, snack or dinner.
High in healthy protein, complex carbs, resistant starch, fiber and the rainbow of micronutrients that plants are rich in.
Free of oil, dairy, and eggs. Baked, not fried, to conserve all that yummy nutrition!
Enjoy them for lunch, dinner or even as a quick snack.
A healthy… burger
Burgers typically aren’t what one would consider healthy.
These patties, though… truly tasty and great for your health!
For starters, they cover all the basics: only whole food ingredients with no dairy, no meat, no oil.
I always avoid oil in my cooking to ensure lower inflammation throughout the body, the health of arterial walls, pure blood, and healthy weight.
Instead, you get most of the calories here from healthy, whole chickpeas. Rich in resistant starch, complex carbohydrates, and fiber, chickpeas fill you up and supply energy for longer.
The fiber and resistant starch are super important as they prevent overeating, feed the good bacteria in your gut and improve immune function. They also play a vital role in the body’s detox process.
Cauliflower… one of the healthiest vegetables. It might look white but it is actually a green one! Rich in B vitamins and anticancer micronutrients, cauliflower is one vegetable that cares for your health!
And since we are talking about greens, savory, cumin, coriander, parsley. Spices are some of the most nutrient-dense greens that are nutritional powerhouses in a jar.
Last but not least, flax seeds – rich in anticancer lignans and anti-inflammatory Omega-3 fats, you get all nutritional bases covered!
And all those goodies are conservatively baked at a low temperature for the least amount of time possible to conserve most of that nutrition!
Why you will love these Cauliflower Burger Patties?
- Rich in healthy protein
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- Much healthier than other non-vegan patties
- Super delicious
- Equally enjoyed warm or cold
- A great snack any time of the day
How to prepare Cauliflower Burger Patties?
These super flavorful patties are perfectly healthy meal that is also quite easy to prepare.
You will need a food processor. This is my favorite kitchen appliance that has saved me a lot of time and effort.
Actually, I use it so often that I can’t imagine eating plant-based without it. It is truly indispensable!
So, chop the cauliflower into florets and steam them for about 15 mins. Then, place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth. Take about a full tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Then, slightly press on the surface to form a patty.
Bake them for about 20 mins and enjoy the super inviting smell that fills the air.
They are perfect served with a sauce, like my easy and Quick Universal Cashew Sauce.
Also great on a whole wheat bun with your favorite toppings.
Want more healthy plant-based meal recipes?
If you liked the Cauliflower Burger Patties, here are other wonderful and healthy recipe ideas for you. Vegan, free of processed ingredients and without any oil to keep your weight and health in check.
- Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad
- Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Easy & Healthy Spicy Cajun Balls | Vegan
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
- 3 cups (360 g) cooked chickpeas
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp savory
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 5 tbsp ground flax seeds
- salt to taste
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam it for about 15 mins.
- Place the steamed cauliflower, cooked chickpeas, and onion in a food processor. Blend until smooth. (You may need to add ¼ cup of water to go easily).
- Put the mixture in a large bowl. Season with the spices (savory, cumin, paprika, coriander, parsley, salt, and black pepper). Add the ground flax seeds and stir everything well. Let it aside for 10 mins.
- Take about one full tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Slightly press on the surface to shape it into a patty.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the patties.
- Bake for 20 mins. Enjoy!