A delicious homemade vegan quinoa burger recipe packed with healthy plant protein. Flavorful, oil-free, baked (not fried) and made with simple pantry ingredients. So easy, satiating, and yummy!
The vegan quinoa burger is prepared with whole food plant-based ingredients. No processed foods for a healthy burger option that tastes amazing! It is nut-free, gluten-free as well!.
It makes an awesome healthy lunch or dinner for everybody: vegans, vegetarians, and curious meat-eaters even.
The Ingredients: Simple & Whole Food
This vegan quinoa burger recipe requires several basic ingredients you probably already have:
- Sweet potato
- Peas – I used frozen but canned are also good
- Ground flaxseed – to bind the mixture and ensure healthy Omega-3s
- Spices – you will need cumin, curry powder, turmeric, black pepper, and salt
You can find the complete list of ingredients and amounts in the recipe card below.
How to make Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger
This homemade Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger is easy to make and super healthy. It is ready in less than 30 mins and has only 4 simple steps to follow.
Step 1: Boil the sweet potato, chopped into several pieces.
Step 2: Put quinoa, water, and peas in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 mins. (Let it aside for 5 mins to absorb any water left.)
Step 3: In a large bowl mash the sweet potato and combine it with the other ingredients. Mix everything well.
Step 4: Shape the mixture into patties. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 mins.
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
- You can boil your sweet potato, quinoa, and peas in advance. Then, you can just mix everything and have your burger patties ready in no time.
- I use ground flaxseed to thicken the mixture. If your burger patties mixture is too wet you can add more as needed.
How to Serve Your Vegan Quinoa Burger
These Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger patties are pretty fresh and don’t become dry in the baking process. They have amazing texture and stay firm.
Once your burgers are ready it is all about the toppings! The more fresh veggies the better mix of flavor and juiciness.
In this burger, I kept things pretty simple and it turned out so tasty. I especially love how the avocado slices give such a delicious creamy feeling.
Feel free to add all your favorite veggies, like cucumber, roasted potatoes, mushrooms.
Burgers always need a sauce to make them juicy. In this case, I used drops of soy sauce and the creaminess of the avocado.
I also recommend this super creamy quick and easy 5-minute Cashew Sauce.
For some added freshness, add herbs like fenugreek and enjoy!
This Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger is
- Plant-based/ Vegan
- Packed with protein
- With wholesome ingredients
- Really satiating
- Ready in 30 mins
- So easy and flavorful
- Healthier than other fast food burgers
More Delicious Veggie Burger Recipes to try:
- Cauliflower Burger Patties
- Healthy Oats and Nuts Balls
- Oil- and Gluten-free Baked Chickpea Balls
- Easy Lentil Meatballs
- Baked Arabic Veggie Bean Patties
If you give this Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled (320 g)
- 1 cup (170 g) quinoa
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- ½ cup (65 g) peas
- 1 onion, shredded
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Burger buns (gluten-free, whole wheat, regular)
- Fresh veggies of choice - tomatoes, lettuce, onion, avocado
- Sesame seeds
- Cashew sauce
- Chop the sweet potato into several large pieces and boil for 10 mins.
- Place quinoa, water, and peas in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 mins. Let it aside for 5 mins to absorb any water left.
- In a large bowl mash the cooked sweet potato with a fork. Add the cooked quinoa and peas, shredded onion, and seasoning. Mix everything well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Shape the mixture into patties. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Assemble the quinoa sweet potato burgers with burger buns of your choice, pile some fresh veggies on top, such as tomato slices, lettuce leaves, onion rings, avocado slices. It pairs perfectly with my easy 5-min Cashew Sauce. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and enjoy!
- When I cook something in my kitchen I love to use an electric kettle to boil water quickly and save some time.
- If your burger patties mixture is too wet use more ground flaxseed as needed to thicken it. I usually grind whole flaxseed at home with a blender and then keep it in an air-tight container in the fridge.