These whole-food, plant-based patties are rich in fiber and healthy plant proteins.
The patties have no free oils or added sugar.
Rass el hanout gives a unique taste and aroma to the dish.
Rich in taste from the combination of red lentils, buckwheat, and chickpeas.
Combine very well with our super easy, 5-minute Creamy Walnut & Cashew Sauce for a great dinner.
Pack them for a tasty to-go lunch.
Even plain for breakfast, these patties are as versatile as they are delicious.
Weight-loss and Optimal Health Promoting
This meal is completely free of oils and sugar.
Only whole natural plant foods are used, which are low in calories and high in micronutrients.
This way you not only meet all your vitamin and mineral need but also lose weight without feeling hungry.
Lentils and chickpeas are rich in resistant starch that not only keeps you full for longer but also helps you maintain and protect your digestive tract flora.
Buckwheat is a super nutritious whole grain, rich in those complex carbs that keep you trim.
Garlic, onion, and turmeric boost your immune system and flax seeds provide brain and heart-protective Omega-3s.
For more healthy whole food meals, check the plant-based recipes below:
- Cauliflower Burger Patties
- Oriental Oven Baked Chickpeas
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Creamy Vegan Chickpea Curry
If you give these Baked Arabic Veggie Bean Patties a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
Baked Arabic Veggie Bean Patties
These whole-food, plant-based patties are rich in fiber and healthy plant proteins. They are healthy plant-based, and oil-free.
- 1 cup (110 gr) red lentils, soaked
- 1 cup (120 gr) buckwheat, soaked
- 1 cup (130 gr) dry chickpeas, soaked
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp Rass el hanout
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic/ 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1½ cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F ( 200°C).
- Soak the lentils, buckwheat, and chickpeas overnight.
- Place the carrot and onion in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Put in a large bowl.
- Put the chickpeas, red lentils and buckwheat with a half cup of water in the food processor until chopped.
- Mix everything in the bowl together with the spices (Rass el hanout, nutritional yeast, turmeric, cumin, garlic, salt), ground flax seeds and water. Stir well.
- Take a full tablespoon of the mixture and shape into patties.
- Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper and place the patties.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Serve with our super easy, 5- minute Creamy Walnut & Cashew Sauce.
- If the mixture is too loose to form the patties, add more water and ground flax seeds. This combination sticks everything well.