This vegan oil-free potato salad is quick and easy to make with just 6 simple healthy ingredients. It’s delicious, satisfying, and comforting. Enjoy it as a filling main meal or a healthy side dish.
It features red radishes, green onions, and olives for a wonderful blend of flavors and makes a healthy plant-based meal on its own. It’s also perfect as a light and refreshing side to summer meals.
- Dietary – vegan, whole food, oil-free, gluten-free, nut-free
- Quick and easy
- Ready in 15 mins
- Only 6 wholesome ingredients
- Healthy and low fat
- Made without mayo or oil
- Tangy flavor
- Filling and comforting
- Can be made ahead
- Great as a main meal or light side
This vegan potato salad has a delicious tangy dressing thanks to vinegar and Dijon mustard. And you need only 6 simple, healthy ingredients:
- potatoes – use waxy, thin-skinned yellow or red potatoes like Yukon gold or small red potatoes. They hold their shape well after cooking and won’t become mushy.
- red radish – finely sliced red radishes are crispy and add great freshness and flavor
- green onion – green onions are best for this recipe but red or yellow onion will work too
- olives – I used sliced black olives, green olives will also work
- Dijon mustard – it is needed for the dressing, it’s really delicious and not overpowering
- apple cider vinegar – adds great tanginess and brightness to the salad
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the printable recipe card below.
Healthy Low Fat Vegan Potato Salad
You will love this vegan potato salad!
It is a real crowd-pleaser with tender potatoes, fresh radishes, and delicious mustard dressing. This potato salad is perfect in summer or winter and makes a great side for the grilling season.
This salad recipe has no mayo and is completely oil-free unlike classic potato salad, made with tons of oil and fat-loaded mayonnaise. Potatoes are a great source of vitamin B6, folate, and fiber.
This vegan potato salad recipe is very easy to make with 6 simple wholesome ingredients and comes together in less than 20 mins. You can easily personalize it with your favorite add-ins.
You can serve the salad right away but you can also make it ahead so the flavours can blend even more.
This Vegan Potato Salad is
- plant-based (egg-free & dairy-free)
- whole food
- low in fat
- without mayo
- healthier than other potato salads
- filling and comforting
- quick and easy to make
- uses 6 simple ingredients
- great in summer or winter
- perfect main meal or healthy side
Here are a few ideas on how to serve your vegan potato salad. It pairs well with many main dishes or other sides.
- Serve on its own while still warm or store in the fridge before serving.
- Pair it with another side such as these delicious Roasted Zucchini or Baked Zucchini Sticks.
- Combine it with these wonderful main meals – Vegan Chickpea Meatloaf or Red Lentils Peanut Butter Casserole.
- Serve alongside vegan nuggets or burger patties, like these Homemade Falafels, scrumptious White Bean Nuggets, or Healthy Vegan Nuggets.
How to Store
This potato salad can be served either warm or chilled.
Fridge: Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Make ahead: The potato salad can easily be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use. You can use a splash of vinegar to brighten the salad up after storing it.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Chickpea Mediterranean Salad
- Fresh Cucumber Carrot Salad
- Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
- Broccoli and Tofu Green Salad
- Nutritious Vitamin Salad
- Alfalfa Sprouts Salad
If you try this Vegan Potato Salad, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I love to see your remakes and hear what you think or any changes you make.
- 2 lbs (900 g) small red or yellow potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 9-10 (200 g) red radishes, thinly sliced
- 6-7 (90 g) green onions, chopped
- ½ cup (50 g) pitted olives, chopped (approx. 20 olives)
- Put the chopped potatoes in a steam basket and steam for about 10 mins until fork tender (but not mushy). Set aside to cool for a while.
- In a large bowl, combine the steamed potatoes, chopped radishes, green onions, and olives.
- Prepare the dressing by putting all the ingredients in a small bowl and stirring them.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, give it a toss, and enjoy!
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THIS PHOTO: