These flavorful vegan nuggets are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. They are much healthier as they are oven-baked and oil-free. A family-friendly meal that is easy to make, can be enjoyed as a snack or a delicious meal with a creamy sauce.
Simple Panry Ingredients
These healthy vegan nuggets are made with whole natural plant ingredients. They are oil and gluten-free. The oats, nuts, and seeds combo makes them satiating to keep you full for longer. Here is what you need:
- oats – use fine rolled oats
- cashews – I used raw plain unsalted cashews
- sunflower seeds – also raw and unsalted
- veggies – I used carrot and onion
- spices – you need savory, fenugreek, paprika, cumin, and salt
For the full ingredients list and measurements and instructions, please read the recipe card below.
Health and Weight-loss Promoting
Only whole natural plant foods means the balls are slow to digest and keep you from overeating.
No oils and sugars – no empty calories that will damage your health and add some weight on you.
The oats, seeds, and nuts are beneficial to the gut microbiome and your immune system.
The whole cashew nuts and sunflower seeds help lower your cholesterol and weight!
Onions, fenugreek, cumin, and savory are super antioxidant-rich, fight inflammation and aging as well.
These Healthy Oats & Nuts Balls are:
- Whole food
- High in healthy Omega-3s
- Satiating and comforting
- Ready in just over 30 mins
- Easy to make
- Great for your or your kid’s lunchbox
- Perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner
How to store
You can store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Reheat them before eating for a few minutes in a skillet or on a baking tray in the oven. You can also enjoy them cold, they are still flavorful.
More plant-based balls and burger recipes
- Healthy Lentil Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger Patties
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Gluten-free Baked Chickpea Balls
- Homemade Falafel Recipe
Should you give these Healthy Vegan Nuggets a try, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. Or snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the carrot and onion in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Put in a large bowl.
- Put the oats, cashews, and sunflower seeds in the food processor for a minute.
- Mix everything in the bowl together with the water and spices (savory, fenugreek, paprika, cumin, and salt). Stir well. Leave it aside for 10 mins until the oats soak the water.
- Take a full tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into medium balls with your hands. You can also use an ice cream/cookie scoop spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the nuggets. Bake for 30 mins. They will be soft first but firm up once they cool a little.
- Enjoy them with our easy and Creamy Walnut & Cashew Sauce.
- The nuggets mixture is a little soft to the touch. If you want your hands clean, you can also use an ice cream/cookie scoop spoon to shape the nuggets. It'll be quick and easy.
- If you are gluten-free, make these lentil meatballs using certified gluten-free oats.