Flavorful Vegan Butternut Squash Soup that is so creamy, warm, and nourishing. Seasoned with fresh ginger and turmeric, this is one delicious immune-boosting recipe! And it’s easy and simple to make, ready in just 30 mins.
This recipe is truly healthy, plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free and oil-free.
a vEGAN sOUP eVERYBODY lOVES
Boiled quash, potatoes, carrot, and onion are blended with super immune-boosting spices into this perfect, creamy, and comforting soup! So delicious!
This is a classic butternut squash soup seasoned with some garlic, thyme, ginger, and turmeric. Full of flavor and health!
This creamy vegan butternut squash soup is definitely one of my family’s favorite soups. Come squash season, there isn’t a family gathering without some of this soup on the table!
Serve it as a starter to a healthy meal plan or as we often do eat it as a main meal. Garnish it with some boiled chickpeas, buckwheat, or croutons and it will fill you for longer!
It makes a great meal for lunch, dinner, or whatever you like.
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
This delicious Butternut Squash Soup is healthy, made without any processed foods. It is plant-based, free of oil, contains no sugar, and gluten. It is ready in just 30 mins with 9 simple ingredients (without salt and water), which are as follows:
- Butternut Squash– I used butternut squash but any other variety will be suitable as well
- Veggies – potatoes, carrot, and onion
- Spices – you will need garlic, fresh turmeric tuber, ginger root, thyme, and salt
- Cashews – use plain raw cashew nuts, with no added salt, sugar, or oil
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
How to prepare this Vegan Butternut Squash Soup?
This is the most flavorful squash soup recipe that everyone will love! And It just can’t be easier!
This Butternut Squash Soup is ready in only 2 simple steps.
And yet there is no oil or other processed ingredients in this soup recipe. Only whole natural plant food ingredients that will keep you healthy and trim.
Step 1: Chop the vegetables into several large pieces. Place them in a pot together with the garlic, turmeric, and ginger and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 mins or until tender.
Step 2: Once the vegetables are cooked, put them in a blender. Add vegetable broth from the pot and season with thyme and salt. Blend everything together until smooth.
For a creamier texture, I add some raw cashew nuts and the Butternut Squash Soup becomes even richer and more flavorful.
- When it comes to soups I prefer a thicker consistency, more like a meal. However, you can adjust the thickness of your soup by adding more or less vegetable broth.
- As the pumpkin cooks quicker than the other veggies, I usually add it around 10 mins after them and boil for another 10 mins after that. In this way, It is not overcooked and more of its nutrients are preserved.
- Serve the Butternut Squash Soup with some boiled chickpeas, buckwheat, or croutons and it will fill you for longer!
This Butternut Squash Soup is:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Free of processed ingredients
- Beta carotene-rich
- Full of antioxidants
- High in immune-boosting substances
- So creamy and rich!
- Full of flavor and comforting!
More healthy plant-based soup recipe ideas
If you want to keep your weight in check, stay healthy, feel full of energy, and enjoy your life, stick to our healthy recipes below. They are vegan, oil-free, and nutritious.
- Healthy Carrot & Curry Cream Soup
- Easy Broccoli Miso Soup
- Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup
- Super Quick Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup
- Healthy Oat Balls Soup Vegan
Should you give this vegan Butternut Squash Soup a try, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. Or snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Chop the veggies (pumpkin, potatoes, carrot, and onion) into 2-3 large pieces.
- Place them in a pot together with the garlic, turmeric, and ginger. Add the water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 mins or until tender.
- Put the cooked veggies, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and cashews in a blender. Add vegetable broth from the pot, season with thyme and salt, and blend for several minutes or until creamy.
- Transfer the soup back to the pot. Serve with croutons, boiled chickpeas, or buckwheat. Enjoy!
- You can adjust the thickness of your soup by adding more or less vegetable broth.
- I prefer to add the pumpkin last, around 10 mins after the other vegetables. It boils quickly and I don’t want to overcook it. Thus more nutrients are preserved.