Delicious and filling Oat Balls Soup! These beautiful oat balls are seasoned with eastern spices, like cumin, paprika, turmeric and remind of real meatballs!
This soup recipe is plant-based with only whole food ingredients. It is also healthy, oil-free, vegan. A comforting and delicious meal!
We love soups. They make you feel warm and cozy, especially during the cold and rainy days.
This is one of the tastiest soups you will ever try.
The oat balls, seasoned with cumin, paprika, and turmeric remind of real meatballs.
You will be surprised by their meaty flavor and texture!
Celery root has a specific taste and aroma that combines perfectly with the other ingredients.
The overall feeling of the meal is just fantastic!
We recommend this recipe really strong.
Evenly delicious warm or cold, this is a great lunch suggestion!
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
Whole natural plant ingredients!
No animal products or oil to keep your arteries healthy and your figure trim.
Instead, you get to eat oats, rich in minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc to name a few) and healthy complex carbohydrates and soluble fiber.
Oats, together with potatoes, chickpeas and whole wheat vermicelli help you stay full for longer, prevent overeating and keep you lean.
The spices, cumin, paprika, black pepper, turmeric, parsley are super-rich in antioxidants which reduce inflammation and help the body remove toxins. Turmeric is also a known immune stimulant and anti-cancer food.
Add to that onions which contain the antioxidants and organosulfurs which detox your cells and prevent diseases such as cancer.
All in all, this is a micronutrient-rich meal and micronutrients help you keep toxic hunger at bay and are instrumental to great health. And only whole plant foods have them!
For the oat balls
- 1½ cup (130 gr) fine rolled oats
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 onion, shredded
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour to roll the balls
For the soup
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ head celery root, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 handfuls whole wheat vermicelli
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients for the oat balls (oats,
shredded carrot and onion, chickpea flour, water, and seasoning). Stir
well and leave aside for 10 minutes until the oats moisten a bit.
- Take about one teaspoon of the mixture and shape it into little balls. When ready, roll them into chickpea flour.
- To prepare the soup put the chopped veggies (potato, carrot, onion,
celery root) in a pot with boiling water. Fold in the seasoning
(turmeric, salt, and black pepper) and stir.
- Add the shaped balls into the pot with veggies and cook for 15 mins.
- After that add the vermicelli and cook for another 4-5 mins, according to package instructions.
- When the soup is ready, fold in the ground flax seeds and chopped parsley. Stir well.
- The amount of water should be enough to cover the veggies and the balls well.
- You could use noodles instead of vermicelli.