Easy and quick Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup!
Boiled parsnips, carrot, onion, and potatoes are pureed with some raw cashew nuts and vegetable broth into this creamy and tasty warm soup!
This is one homemade soup recipe, that is oil-free and prepared with only whole plant food ingredients.
It has a silky and creamy texture that comes from the cashew nuts.
This Parsnip & Cashew Soup is super rich in flavor. It is also vegan, dairy-free, and soooo simple!
Why you should eat more parsnip?
There are lots of health benefits to eating parsnip. Here are some of them:
- Parsnip is packed with various important micronutrients, such as folate, vitamin C and K.
- It is loaded with fiber that feeds the good bacteria in your gut, fights constipation and improves digestion.
- Parsnip improves your immune function by its high vitamin C content, helping you fight diseases.
- It is rich in antioxidants that keep your body and cells healthy.
Why is this soup so good for you
It is a simple soup and it is super healthy because of its simplicity.
No fancy techniques are used to prepare it and no fancy processed ingredients either.
No sugar, no oils. Certainly no unhealthy dairy and meat.
The whole nuts and root vegetables are rich in fiber, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats, making this soup a meal that will actually satiate you for longer. If you want to lose weight, this is a great meal!
Potatoes are also a complete food. They contain all the essential proteins and fats that your body needs.
And carrots are super nutritious, among else, in beta carotene. It is a very powerful antioxidant and the body makes vitamin A from it.
I also put onion, a superfood in its own right, known to slow down aging and detoxify the body.
Most importantly, though, is the overall effect this soup has on the body. It is a whole natural foods meal that has nothing artificially added or removed. In essence, these foods have the exact biochemical effect on you as nature intended.
And this soup is only boiled, the most gentle way to cook, preserving the all the nutrition in the vegetables.
How to prepare this Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup?
It is really one simple and easy recipe! Yet it is so delicious and rich in nutrients.
The creamy parsnip soup takes no time and fussing around in the kitchen. It is ready in just 20-30 minutes!
Just chop the veggies into several large pieces and boil them until tender.
In my kitchen, I prefer water-based techniques of cooking. So I often boil or steam the food we eat at home.
This way no harmful compounds are formed during the cooking process, unlike roasting, grilling or frying. Higher cooking temperatures can trigger chemical reactions among food components, resulting in the production of dangerous substances, such as heterocyclic amines or advanced glycation end products.
If you want to keep your health, I recommend mostly boiling and steaming your food.
When the veggies are cooked, put them together with the cashews and some vegetable broth in a blender, season with spices and blend until smooth. You can adjust the thickness of your soup by adding more or less vegetable broth from the pot. Do it as you like your soups.
I prefer a thicker consistency, when it comes to soups. More like a meal!
This aromatic, tasty soup is really a meal itself with the cashew nuts, that give you a feeling of satiation.
Serve it with sprinkled with some chopped parsley or sesame seeds.
You can garnish the Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup with the whole wheat croutons, cooked chickpeas or buckwheat. Enjoy!
Want more healthy plant-based soup recipes?
If you liked our Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup and want to stay in good shape, keep your vitality longer here are some of our delicious soup recipes. All are plant-based and oil-free for a healthier you!
- Easy Broccoli Miso Soup
- Healthy Oat Balls Soup Vegan
- Quick & Satiating ChickPea Soup | Plant-Based
- Super Quick Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup
- Healthy Broccoli Cream Soup Vegan
- 2 large parsnips
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 large onion
- ½ cup (60 gr) raw cashew nuts
- salt to taste
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the veggies (parsnips, potatoes, carrot, and onion) into 2-3 large pieces.
- Place them in a pot, cover well with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15-20 mins or until tender.
- Put the cashews and cooked veggies in a blender. Add vegetable broth from the pot and season with salt and pepper. Blend for several minutes until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley or sesame seeds. Enjoy!
You can adjust the thickness of your creamy parsnip and cashew soup by adding more or less vegetable broth. It is up to your taste.