Easy 4-ingredient Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding that is naturally sweetened, creamy and delicious. Loaded with nutrients, it’s perfect for a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert.
This chocolate chia seed pudding recipe is whole food vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free and nut-free.
It’s quick and easy to make. You get a creamy, dreamy chocolate chia seed pudding that can be whipped up in minutes!
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
This chocolate chia seed pudding requires only 4 simple ingredients. It can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast or dessert and is quite nutritious.
Here is what you need:
- ripe banana – use one small ripe banana. It makes the chia seed pudding creamy and sweetens it naturally.
- cocoa powder – it adds a great chocolate flavor. You can also use raw cacao powder for even more intense chocolate taste and aroma.
- dairy-free milk – any plant-based milk works fine – soy, almond, oat, etc.
- chia seeds – you can use black, white or mixed chia seeds
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
- Dietary Features: vegan, whole food, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free
- Quick and easy to make with 4 ingredients
- Ready to enjoy in 30 mins
- Naturally sweetened with fruit
- Loaded with fiber and protein, healthy omega-3s
- Great for a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert
- Meal Prep: easy for meal prep in minutes
What are the Benefits of Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seeds may be small and tiny yet they are full of nutrition. They are a real powerhouse of various essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Well-known for their high omega-3 fatty acids content, chia seeds may lower your risk of heart disease, improve brain function, support bone health, etc.
They are rich in proteins, fiber and antioxidants. Some of the important minerals they have are calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, all of which improve your bone mineral density.
They have the ability to absorb liquids quite well and turn them into a gel-like consistency (which makes this chia pudding so deliciously creamy). This process practically activates the chia seeds and they get even more nutritious.
This chia seed pudding is one easy way to incorporate chia seeds into your diet. You can also add them to your smoothies, oatmeal, or even use them as an egg substitute.
This Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is:
- vegan (plant-based)
- whole food
- refined sugar-free
- loaded with nutrients
- made with just 4 ingredients
- creamy and dreamy
- great for chocolate lovers
- a perfect healthy breakfast, snack or dessert
How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it.
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries
- Quick Energy Breakfast
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich
- Quick and Healthy Purple Oatmeal
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
If you try this Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding, please leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. If you take a photo and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me with @wellnessdove and use #wellnessdove as I would love to see your remakes!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Click here to leave a review.
- Place the banana, cocoa powder, and dairy-free milk in a blender. Blend for a few seconds until smooth and creamy.
- After that, pour the banana mixture into a small bowl. Add the chia seeds to it and stir with a spoon until well combined. Put the chocolate chia seed pudding in the fridge for about 20-30 mins to set.
- Top with fresh raspberries or other fruit of choice. Enjoy!
- If you don't have a blender, you can simply mash the banana with a fork and combine it with the other ingredients. It'll not be as smooth and creamy, but it will be equally delicious.
- You can also prepare it in advance or leave it in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy the next day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 189Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 9gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.