Quick creamy red lentils stew with zucchini, carrot, and garlic! All that seasoned with the most aromatic eastern spices cumin and coriander!
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). It is also oil-free and gluten-free. This Eastern Red Lentil Zucchini & Carrot Stew is one truly healthy meal. And my favorite part is that it is easy and quick to prepare!
This stew is a 100% whole plant food meal. Without any harmful ingredients. Only the natural taste of lentils and vegetables coupled with the flavorful enticing aroma of the spices.
Lentils, like all legumes, are full of protein, resistant starch and are a great source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
No doubt, this Eastern Red Lentil Stew one of our favorite meals! Easy and quick to prepare it is a saver when you are in a hurry!
Weight-loss and Health Promoting Meal
Just the fact that this is a whole plant food meal is enough to make it as healthy as possible.
Low fat with no oil, this Eastern Red Lentil Stew is made for optimal health and weight-loss.
The lentils are rich in super healthy complex starch that is slow to digest and prevents overeating. It also feeds the good gut microbes for optimal health.
The garlic and onion are superfoods in their own right, rich in powerful antioxidants, organosulfur compounds, and flavonoids which help you reduce oxidative stress, prevent disease, and detox.
The spices, cumin, coriander, bay leaf, freshly ground black pepper, parsley are also very rich in antioxidants and a vast array of micronutrients that satisfy all your nutritional needs.
This meal might be low fat but the flax seeds supply in abundance all the right fats, especially the Omega-3s that protect your brain and arteries.
Why you will love this Eastern Red Lentil Zucchini Stew?
- Whole food
- Packed with plant proteins
- Rich in antioxidants
- High in fiber
- Easy and quick to prepare
- So rich, aromatic, and flavorful!
Want more healthy plant-based meal ideas?
- Easy & Healthy Bulgur and Spinach Bake
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Cauliflower Burger Patties
- Chickpea Eggplant Stew with Sweet Potato
- Healthy Bean & Leek Casserole
Should you give this Eastern Red Lentil Zucchini & Carrot Stew a try, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. Or snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Place the chopped potatoes and carrot in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the red lentils, onion, zucchini, and the spices (cumin, coriander, bay leaf, salt, black pepper). Cook for 10 more minutes.
- When it is ready, add the pressed garlic, ground flax seeds, and lemon juice.
- For a creamier texture, you can take part of the potatoes out, mash them and bring them back to the pot.
- Stir everything well. Sprinkle some chopped parsley and paprika on top and enjoy!
- Red lentils cook faster than normal ones. If you use brown lentils cook them for longer.
- You can change the consistency of the stew, if it is too thick, just add more water to it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 633Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 116gFiber: 20gSugar: 5gProtein: 36g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.