Super tasty Bean & Leek Casserole!
This is an oil-free, whole-food plant-based recipe.
Quite easy to prepare and superb for your health.
The wide variety of seasoning mixes so naturally with the beans, making the meal irresistible.
The inviting aroma of the spices fills the kitchen, giving you this warm feeling of home.
Undisputably, beans are one of the healthiest foods on Earth. We eat them quite often, actually, be it as part of a soup, baked beans or a super delicious spread.
Gather your family around it on lunch or dinner and you will get happy and healthy people! Don’t forget to always add something fresh on the table like a salad.
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
To make a truly healthy meal, the most important thing is to use only whole natural plant ingredients!
And this is exactly that, a whole food plant-based meal that has no animal foods and no processed ingredients.
No oil to keep your arteries safe, your weight in check and your blood pure.
Instead, you get to eat delicious beans, full of complex carbohydrates that provide lasting energy and prevent overeating. You also get resistant starch that feeds your microbiome and boosts your immune system.
Leeks, like garlic and onion, are a powerhouse of beneficial nutrients for your body, especially the powerful anticancer nutrient alliinase.
Add the antioxidant-rich carrot, celery, and tomatoes. Antioxidants are one of the main detoxifiers of the body. Cooked tomatoes, in particular, are rich in the bioavailable super antioxidant lycopene.
Adding to the antioxidant punch are the mint, cumin, paprika and savory. Spices, as we know, are the best way to make a healthy meal even healthier.
As usual, we added ground flax seeds, for better taste but more importantly, to make sure you get those all-important Omega-3 fats that protect the brain and fight inflammation. Flax also contains lignans that boost the immune system and reduce cancer risk.
Why this Bean & Leek Casserole is so beneficial for you?
- Whole food
- Full of flavor
- Easy to make
- Health protecting meal
- The perfect lunch or dinner for you and your family!
Want more plant-based healthy meal recipes?
Here are some healthy ideas from us:
- Mashed Beans with Mushrooms
- Healthy Chickpea Eggplant Stew with Sweet Potato
- Curry Veggies with Lentil Puree
- Oriental Whole Wheat Nuggets
- Easy Tofu Scramble with Roasted Peppers
If you give this Bean & Leek Casserole a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- If you use dry beans, soak them overnight. Rinse and boil in plenty of water until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Put the chopped carrot, leek, celery, and tomatoes in a pot with half a cup of water. Season with half of the spices (1 tsp savory, 1 tsp mint, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, and salt). Cook for 10 mins stirring occasionally.
- Place the cooked beans in a casserole dish or baking pan. Fold in the cooked veggies, the other half of the seasoning, and ground flax seeds. Stir everything well.
- In a bowl mix the corn flour with the water and add it to the beans. They should be slightly covered by the liquid.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Skip the first step if you use cooked beans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 785Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1946mgCarbohydrates: 164gFiber: 34gSugar: 48gProtein: 41g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.