This creamy vegan sauce is ready in just a few minutes and is packed with flavor. It is nut-free and gluten-free. Can be used as a delicious salad dressing, dip, or as a sauce for all kinds of meals.
This vegan garlic sauce has a smooth and creamy texture. It is made with 5 simple ingredients. It is also nut-free and has no added oil. Here is what you need:
- sunflower seed butter – use plain unsalted butter with no other additives
- lemon juice – freshly squeezed is best
- garlic – adds a great taste to the sauce
- dates – I used regular pitted dates to balance the flavor and add a hint of sweetness
- seasoning – you need dried coriander and Himalayan salt
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Health Promoting vegan sauce
The whole natural plant ingredients are nutrient-rich and slow to digest, which keeps you full for longer and prevents overeating.
Sunflower seed butter contains essential vitamins and minerals like selenium and vitamin E both known for their antioxidant activity in the body. Sunflower seeds are loaded with phytosterols that help balance the high cholesterol levels thus preventing cardiovascular disease.
No added oil is used in this creamy vegan garlic sauce to keep your arteries healthy and help you lose weight.
Lemon, garlic, and coriander are super rich in antioxidants and micronutrients, which fight inflammation and oxidative stress to boost detoxification and slow down the aging process.
This Creamy Vegan Galic Sauce is
- plant-based (vegan)
- smooth and creamy
- easy to make
- ready in just a few minutes
- packed with flavor
- can be enjoyed as a dressing, dip, or sauce
How to serve
This creamy vegan garlic sauce is so universal and easy to make. You can serve it with tons of meals. Here are some ideas:
- You can use it as a delicious salad dressing, as it is super creamy and has a slightly sweet, and savory flavor.
- Combine with all kinds of vegan meatballs, falafels, or nuggets, like these Sweet Potato Patties, Bean Nuggets, Homemade Falafels, or Baked Chickpea Balls.
- Drizzle over nutrient-loaded buddha bowls or grain bowls.
- Pairs perfectly with cooked grains, like rice or quinoa with veggies.
- Enjoy it with roasted veggies, baked potatoes, carrots, etc.
- Add this creamy garlic sauce to your burgers, pizza, or tacos.
How to store
Once prepared store this creamy vegan garlic sauce in a sealed container or a jar in the fridge for up to one week.
The sauce might thicken while refrigerated, so you can add a small amount of water to thin it if needed.
More Vegan Sauce Recipes
- Easy Vegan Falafel Sauce
- Quick Universal Cashew Sauce
- Oil-free Vegan Salad Dressing
- Creamy Zucchini Dip
- Scrumptious Bean Dip Recipe
If you try this Creamy Vegan Garlic Sauce, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. As I would love to see your recreations, don’t forget to tag me on your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove.
- ¼ cup (60 g) sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 pitted dates (15 g)
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- Place all ingredients in a blender for several minutes until smooth and creamy.
- If you don't have sunflower seeds butter, you can use sesame tahini. It becomes creamy but has a slightly bitter flavor. You could also try almond butter or cashew butter.