These Oriental Oven-Baked Chickpeas are so nutrient-dense, loaded with healthy plant protein and flax seeds. It is seasoned with a great variety of eastern herbs that boost this healthy meal even more!
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). It is made only with wholesome natural plant food ingredients. This meal cares for your health and weight.
The wide variety of herbs and spices is what makes it unique and special.
These Oriental Oven-Baked Chickpeas are gluten-free, oil-free, satiating, and comforting.
They make a perfect healthy vegan lunch or dinner. Also great for your or your kids’ lunchbox.
Enjoy it with my Quick Universal Cashew Sauce.
Optimized for Great Health and Weight-loss
Completely from whole natural plant ingredients, this is a great dish for healthy eating and weight-loss.
Chickpeas, peas, and corn are rich in complex carbohydrates that keep you full for longer and suppress hunger.
There are no oils that add empty calories and promote disease.
Instead, turmeric, onion, ginger, mint, paprika, cumin, and black pepper are super-rich in antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress and detox your body.
With added flax seeds for those important Omega-3 fats that protect your brain and heart.
How to make these Oriental Oven-Baked Chickpeas?
Full of health and nutrition this recipe is definitely worth it. It is easy to prepare and is one of our favorites!
The entire recipe has 6 simple steps.
Step 1: Water-saute the chopped veggies in a pot with a half cup of water. Simmer for 8-10 mins.
Step 2: Put cooked chickpeas in a food processor until roughly chopped or mash them with a fork.
Step 3: Remove the pot from the heat and add the mashed chickpeas. Season with the spices and stir well.
Step 4: Place the mixed chickpeas and veggies in a casserole dish or baking pan.
Step 5: In a small bowl mix the cornflour with the water. Stir with a fork to dissolve the flour. Add it to the baking dish.
Step 6: Bake for about 30 mins. Enjoy!
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
Also, check the video for visual instructions!
- You can use canned chickpeas or you can cook your own ones. I always prefer to boil my beans at home. It takes time but there will be no added chemicals like salt, sugar, or preservatives that are present in canned chickpeas. Just soak your dry chickpeas overnight. Then, rinse and boil in plenty of water until soft.
- These Oriental Oven-Baked Chickpeas pair perfectly with my Quick Universal Cashew Sauce for a richer taste.
These Oriental Oven-Baked Chickpeas are:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Loaded with plant protein
- Made from complex carbs
- Full of flavor
- Easy to make
- So healthy with wholesome ingredients!
For more whole food meal ideas, check the plant-based recipes below:
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Creamy Vegan Chickpea Curry
- Easy & Healthy Plant-based Party Dip
- Cauliflower Burger Patties
- Creamy Parsnip & Cashew Soup
If you give these Oriental Oven-Baked Chickpeas a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- 4 cups (650 g) cooked chickpeas
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup (60 g) frozen peas
- ½ cup (75 g) frozen sweet corn
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp corn flour or whole grain /spelt /chickpea flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) water or vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Put the chopped carrot, onion, peas, and corn in a pot with a half cup (120 ml) water. Simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, place cooked chickpeas in a food processor until roughly chopped or mash them with a fork.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the mashed chickpeas. Season with turmeric, ginger, mint, paprika, cumin, black pepper, salt, and ground flax seeds. Stir everything well.
- Place the mixed chickpeas and veggies in a casserole dish or baking pan about 8 × 12-inch (20 × 30 cm).
- In a small bowl mix the cornflour with the water. Stir with a fork to dissolve the flour. Then, add it to the baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 mins. For a yummy taste serve it with my Quick Universal Cashew Sauce!
- If you use dry chickpeas, soak about 2 cups (360 g) in plenty of water for 12 hours. Then, boil for about 40 mins or until soft.
- Watch the video in the blog post for visual instructions.