These oil-free, delicious and filling, juicy zucchini will surprise you with their satisfying flavor!
A great combination of hearty, protein-rich lentils and satiating quinoa on a fresh and juicy zucchini boat.
Quite satiating as well due to the lentils and the quinoa.
Very good for kids who will probably like their taste as much as the idea of eating a ‘boat’.
You can choose to eat 3-4 of these boats as a main dish or to use them as a side.
Gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, nut-free. Nutrient-rich!
Optimized for Perfect Weight and Health
These are whole plant food boats that promote great health and weight.
No oils or animal products for a healthier you.
The lentils are a great source of minerals and resistant starch, which protects your gut flora and immune system.
Together with the quinoa, these are rich in complex carbs which keep you full for longer and prevent overeating.
The oregano, savory, black pepper, and tomato are full of anti-inflammatory antioxidants and micronutrients.
With sesame seeds for some healthy Omega-3s.
Why these Lentils-Quinoa Zucchini Boats are so beneficial for you?
- Whole food
- Rich in healthy plant-based proteins
- High in antioxidants
- Superbly delicious, fresh and juicy zucchini boats that are great for your health!
Want more healthy plant-based zucchini recipes?
If you want to achieve a great physical shape and keep your weight in check, here are part of our flavorful, healthy vegan recipes:
- Easy Vegan No Oil Baked Zucchini Sticks
- Healthy Vegan Zucchini Dip Sandwich
- Easy Creamy & Light Zucchini Spread
- Quick and Filling Zucchini & Cashew Cream Soup
- Zucchini & Spinach Bean Casserole
- ¾ cup quinoa
- ½ cup red lentils
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ tsp savory
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- whole sesame seeds
- Place the quinoa and red lentils into a pot and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the zucchini and cut them into halves lengthwise.
- Scoop the core and form zucchini boats. Keep the cores in a separate dish.
- Place the zucchini halves into a pot with boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Take them carefully out.
- Throw away the water, keep only a small amount to cover the bottom of the pot. Place there the finely chopped zucchini cores together with chopped onion, carrot and tomato. Add the savory, oregano, paprika,
black pepper and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Place quinoa and lentils in the pot as well and stir everything together for a few minutes.
- Fill the zucchini halves with the tasty filling.
- Sprinkle with whole sesame seeds.
Red lentils are cooker quicker than other varieties. You can use ordinary lentils but make sure to cook them for longer.