Creamy soft white beans combined with veggies, like onion, carrot, and zucchini. All that is seasoned with various spices to create this rich and flavorful bean pot.
It is hearty, satisfying, and full of nutrition.
This recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). It is made with only whole plant food ingredients.
These Baked Beans are oil-free, gluten-free, and truly healthy. The ground flax seeds give a creamy and rich texture.
Cooking in a clay pot takes longer but the time spent waiting is well worth it.
As the pot slowly heats up, all the flavors from the beans, vegetables, and spices mixed together and the result, in our opinion, is truly special.
If you don’t have a clay pot, you can also use a high-temperature resistant glass pot with a lid or a casserole.
Why you should eat more beans?
Here are some of the numerous benefits of eating beans:
- Beans are rich in resistant starch that slows the absorption of glucose and keeps your blood sugar level well balanced.
- They are abundant in fiber that improves digestion and reduces excess cholesterol in your body.
- Beans are an excellent source of healthy plant proteins.
- Regular bean consumption (at least twice a week) reduces cancer risk with 50%.
Health and Weight-loss Promoting
It is low fat to keep you healthy and trim but has flax seeds to supply all the essential fats, especially those Omega-3s.
The beans are the main ingredient, satiating with their complex carbohydrates, plant proteins, and fiber. Rich in minerals such as iron, copper, and zinc to meet your nutritional hunger.
The savory, turmeric, mint, paprika seasoning shoot the antioxidant level through the roof to detoxify you, reduce stress in your tissues, and keep you healthy and lean.
With added vegetables for even more micronutrients and minerals that are a key component to keeping toxic hunger at bay!
These Rich Baked Beans are:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Loaded with plant protein
- Rich in healthy Omega-3s
- Super healthy meal
- So delicious
- Perfect for lunch or dinner
Want more healthy plant-based bean recipes?
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Curried Sweet Potato Beans
- Quick & Easy Bean Spread
- Healthy Bean & Leek Casserole
- Hearty and Colourful Bean Salad
If you give this recipe a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!h
- Soak the beans in plenty of water for 12 hours.
- Put them in a pot and boil for 10 min, throw away the water to reduce the risk of stomach bloating.
- Place them in the clay pot or another ovenproof dish. Add the
chopped carrot, onion, zucchini, tomato and seasonings (mint, paprika,
savory, turmeric, black pepper, and salt.) Stir well.
- Add about 2-3 cups of water to cover the beans around half an inch over.
- Put the clay pot in the oven and turn it on to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake for about 2 hours.
- When it is ready, add the ground flax seeds and mix everything well. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or fresh mint leaves.