Protein-packed beans and lentils are paired with a variety of veggies and seasoned with eastern spices, like cumin, coriander, paprika. With added flax seeds for a rich and creamier texture.
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). This is one healthy soup, it is also oil and gluten-free. Hearty, satisfying, and delicious meal!
This Bean and Lentil Soup made with 100% whole plant food ingredients.
Beans and lentils are an excellent source of healthy carbs, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Cumin and coriander fill the room with an enticing aroma. You can`t wait to try it.
Enjoy it as a soup or combine it with cooked rice or quinoa. Now, you have a wonderful main dish.
For Optimal Weight & Health
This is a filling soup made from only whole plant foods to keep you trim and healthy.
Beans and lentils, like all legumes, are full of protein, resistant starch and are a great source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
They are slow to digest which keeps you full for longer and stops you from overeating.
Cooked tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, one of the most powerful antioxidants.
Garlic, cumin, coriander, and parsley further add to the antioxidant punch of this soup.
The ground flax seeds make sure you also get plenty of Omega-3s.
This Healthy Bean and Lentil Soup is:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Packed with plant protein
- Rich and flavorful
- A great vegan lunch or dinner
Want more plant-based bean recipe ideas?
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Quick & Easy Bean Spread
- Healthy Bean & Leek Casserole
- Hearty and Colourful Bean Salad
- Baked Arabic Veggie Bean Patties
If you give this recipe a try, I’d really appreciate a comment and rating below. Also, don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove.
- 3 cups cooked beans
- 1 cup lentils, soaked
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground chili peppers
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- Soak the lentils overnight.
- Place the onion, red bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, and seasoning (cumin, coriander, paprika, chili peppers, and salt) in a pot, add about ½ cup of water and cook for 5 mins.
- Fold in the lentils and chopped potato. Add more water to cover them and cook for another 20 mins.
- When almost ready, add the cooked beans into the pot and stir everything well.
- Finally, add the ground flax seeds and lemon juice into the meal and stir.
- For a creamier texture, you can take part of the potatoes out, mash them and bring them back to the pot.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.