Raw sesame seeds, coconut, dates, and oats wrapped into these easy soft and chewy no-bake balls. A superb healthy whole food snack or dessert!
This is a super easy no-bake recipe that is plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free). It is also free of nuts and sugar. No oils are added into the recipe as well.
Super healthy and flavorful balls! Sweetened with dates for a guilt-free moment of bliss!
Just give them a try!
Why are these balls so healthy
They are whole food, plant-based.
No ingredients of animal origin, processed oils or sugars.
Oil and sugar are empty calories and devoid of nutrition. No oil, especially, means clear blood, healthy arteries, and a lean figure.
In this recipe, I used oats. They are rich in soluble fiber that gives these balls a creamier texture, aids your digestion and detoxification.
For sweetness, I used dates that are also super-rich in fiber that is bound to the sugars so that the energy is released slowly into your bloodstream and doesn’t overwhelm the body.
Dates are also a great source of potassium to balance out the sodium (salt) in the body. They also contain selenium, manganese, copper.
On top of that some lemon to boost the antioxidant and electrolyte content of these balls.
How to prepare these Easy 5-ingredient Balls?
This is one really easy and quick recipe that requires only 5 ingredients and no time in the kitchen.
However, I guarantee the end result is deliciously sweet and satisfying!
All you will need is a food processor. I can’t live without mine. For me, it is a time saver and not to mention the effort. Really useful kitchen appliance, especially when you want to eat healthy and plant-based.
There is no sugar in these Easy 5-ingredient Balls. Instead, I used dates as they are naturally sweet, full of fiber, and important vitamins and minerals.
Dates are a great substitute for sugar. They are so much healthier since they are whole plant food!
First, put the dates and water into the food processor. Blend for several minutes until smooth paste forms.
|Quick Tip: When the dates are a bit drier and I soak them in warm water for about 10 mins. They become softer, juicier, and easier to chop. Also, you can use the water they were soaked in for the recipe.
Then, add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and pulse until well combined.
Let the mixture sit aside for 10 mins until the oats moisten a bit.
Using a teaspoon roll the mixture into small balls.
Once they are ready, roll each ball in coconut shreds or sesame seeds.
Enjoy them any time of the day!
Why you will love these Easy 5-ingredient Balls?
- Rich in fiber
- Super healthy
- High in antioxidants
- So soft and chewy!
- Deliciously sweet and tasty!
Want more healthy plant-based desserts?
If you liked my Easy 5-ingredient Balls, here are some other healthy snacks and treats:
- Almond Raspberry Snack Bars
- Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert
- Raw Chocolate Avocado Bowls
- Quick & Easy Holiday Strawberry Bites
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
If you give these Easy 5-ingredient Balls a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
Easy 5-ingredient Oat Balls
- Put the dates and water in a food processor and blend for several minutes until smooth paste forms.
- Then, add the other ingredients to the processor. Blend until well combined. Let the mixture aside for 10 mins so the oats moisten a bit.
- Take about a full teaspoon of the mixture and roll into small balls.
- Roll each ball in coconut shreds or sesame seeds and enjoy!
- When the dates are a bit drier and I soak them in warm water for 10 mins. They become softer, juicier, and easier to chop. Also, you can use the water they were soaked in for the recipe.
- If the batter is a bit dry, you can add a small amount of water, one tablespoon at a time, until it sticks together well.