Super healthy vegan exquisite Holiday Strawberry Bites!
A great plant-based sugar-free dessert or snack.
A nutritious soft combination of strawberries, dates, coconut flour and nuts. If you want, you can add just a small amount of chocolate on top to make them even more irresistible. Honesty, though, they have such an exquisite taste, no chocolate is needed. So tasty, comfort healthy food!
They do smell and taste amazing! And are naturally sweetened with delicious and nutritious dates.
A perfect blend of strawberries aroma with coconut and a chocolatey drizzle on top. The end result is just fantastic!
These Holiday Strawberry Bites make an excellent snack for any time of the day. Store them in the refrigerator and enjoy a nutritious snack throughout the week.
No doubt, everyone will enjoy them!
Tasty bites that don’t bite back
Sweets tend to be tasty but not so healthy.
These balls might be sweet but they are truly healthy for you.
Completely whole natural plant foods!!!
You get to eat all the nutrition and fiber that is locked inside the whole foods.
And fiber is your friend! It is bound to the sugars so that you feel the sweetness but your blood sugars do not spike.
Even more, the berries lower the overall glycemic effect of any food, so as delicious as these bites are, your body stays perfectly healthy.
The dates give sweetness but not empty calories. They are rich in selenium, copper, magnesium, manganese. Also potasium, which is important to balance the sodium in our bodies.
Raw nuts are a great source of sterols and stenols as well as vitamin E and magnesium.
Since these bites are completely raw, they are super rich in phytochemicals and antioxidants. That means that these might be a sweet temptation but they actually help your body detoxify, fight stress and remove metabolic waste efficiently.
How to prepare these Holiday Strawberry Bites?
Don’t worry, it just can’t be easier!
All you need is a food processor. Place all ingredients in it and blend until everything is well mixed and something like a dough starts to form. It may take several minutes. For a smoother texture of the bites, I prefer to blend the nuts (cashews and almonds) first and then add the other ingredients. It is not strictly necessary, though, you can put all at once and blend.
The dough should turn out a bit soft and fluffy. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into small balls. After you decorate them with the chopped nuts they will feel solid and firm. I just love the combination of their smooth texture inside and a crunchier coating.
Sometimes the dates are a little bit drier and I like to soak them in water for about 10-15 minutes so that they become softer and juicy.
Also, if you use frozen fruits, as I did, don’t forget to thaw them before you chop them.
Why these Holiday Strawberry Bites are healthy for you?
- Whole food
- Free of processed ingredients
- Highly nutritious
- Rich in omega-3 healthy fats
- Super flavorful
- Perfect snack for any time of the day!
Here is my favorite part of the recipe.
This time I used roughly chopped cashew nuts as they combine perfectly with the soft texture of the strawberry bites. You need to try them!
I used the chocolate drizzle on some of them for a more effective look! It made them quite beautiful and they taste equally delicious. It is optional though.
Sprinkle some ground nuts over the chocolate as well. Enjoy!
Want more healthy plant-based desserts?
If you liked our Quick & Easy Holiday Strawberry Bites, here are more healthy ideas from us:
- Vegan Fruity Blueberry Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Vegan
- Easy Vegan Blueberry Energy Bar
- Easy Peachy Sorbet
- Super Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chickpea Muffins | Low Fat
If you give these Holiday Strawberry Bites a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
For the strawberry balls
- 1 cup (150 g) strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup (40 g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups (200 g) raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup of raw almonds
- 10 regular dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 tbsp (20 g) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut shreds
- Place the cashews and almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the other ingredients in the processor as well and pulse for several minutes until everything is well mixed together. (If you use frozen fruits, thaw them before chopping.)
- Take about a full teaspoon of the strawberry mixture and roll it into small balls.
- Roll each ball in roughly chopped raw cashews.
- Optional: melt the dark chocolate and stir in the coconut oil. Drizzle melted chocolate over the balls or roll them entirely in the chocolate.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- You can soak the dates in warm water for 10-15 mins to chop them easily.
- If you use frozen fruits, as I did, make sure you thaw them before chopping.