Exquisite and fruity Almond Raspberry Snack Bars!
These almond raspberry snack bars are super healthy and chewy. Raw almonds combined with fresh raspberries and coconut flour, sweetened with dates for a complete taste sensation!
An easy and quick plant-based recipe that is 100% vegan and oil-free! With only whole food ingredients!
Enjoy these healthy, vegan, sugar-free, and gluten-free snack bars any time of the day!
Serve them for breakfast or afternoon snack. They make a great dessert as well.
Tasty and Healthy
Whole natural plant foods. That sums up this snack bars, especially if you choose to make them chocolate-free.
Instead, whole plant foods are super fiber-rich. Fiber is what fills you up and feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut, leading to better nutrient absorption and satiety.
Fiber also slows down the absorption of the natural sugars in dates, allowing them to enter your blood slowly and provide you with lasting energy.
And it is much the same story with the natural oils in the almonds.
I also added raspberries not only for their freshness but for their high nutritional value as well.
Raspberries, like all berries, are super-rich in micronutrients and antioxidants which are the primary detoxifiers of the body. Berries also reduce the glycemic index of the foods they are eaten with, meaning that these sweet bars won’t kick your blood sugar out of balance.
I also bake them at only 350ºF for about 15 mins to preserve as much of the nutrition as possible.
All-in-all, this is a sweet dessert that makes your body and taste buds happy!
How to prepare these Almond Raspberry Snack Bars?
Super delicious snack bars that are easy to prepare!
All you need is a food processor. This is my favorite kitchen appliance that has saved me a lot of time and effort in the kitchen.
Just put the almonds in the food processor and blend until finely chopped. An easier option is to use almond meal and skip this step. It will save you more time. I just prefer to ground my own raw almonds but you can substitute them for almond meal and you will get the same result.
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then blend the raspberries and dates in the food processor as well until a thick mixture forms.
I used frozen raspberries but fresh work just as well. I love their bright red color and enchanting smell.
As a sweetener I used dates. Their natural sugars are bound with fiber, making them slowly digestible and keeping your blood sugar level balanced. When you make it, you may want to try the sweetness of the raspberry-dates mixture and add more dates if you want. I prefer the almond raspberry snack bars not so sweet, so you can adjust it to your taste.
Now combine the dry ingredients with the wet ones. A soft dough should form. Spread it onto the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 15-18 mins. Let it cool on a cooling rack before cutting it.
Drizzle with some dairy-free dark chocolate on top. It is optional and you can skip this step. It’s delicious either way. Decorate with fresh raspberries and enjoy!
Why these Almond Raspberry Snack Bars are healthy for you?
- High in antioxidants
- Rich in fiber
- Super tasty and flavorful!
- A perfect breakfast or a healthy afternoon snack!
Want more healthy plant-based dessert recipes?
If you want to keep your energy and clarity, feel great in your day and still stay on the healthy side, here are some ideas for you. These healthy dessert recipes are low in calories and without any processed ingredients:
- Quick & Easy Holiday Strawberry Bites Vegan
- Healthy Banana Avocado Chocolate Cake | Vegan
- Vegan Fruity Blueberry Cake
- Quick & Easy Coconut Delight Balls
- Super Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chickpea Muffins | Low Fat
- 2 cups (200 gr) raw almonds
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- 4 tbsp (30 gr) coconut flour
- 12 regular dates, pitted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 oz (30 gr) dairy-free dark chocolate for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Put the almonds in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. The end result should be something like almond meal.
- In a bowl mix the ground almonds, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Place the thawed raspberries, dates, and vanilla extract in the food processor and blend for several minutes until a thick mixture forms.
- Combine the raspberry mixture with the dry ingredients (ground almonds, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder). Using a spoon mix everything well to form a soft dough.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the dough evenly to the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-18 mins. Cool down on a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with some melted dairy-free dark chocolate on top and enjoy!
- If you use frozen raspberries, let them thaw before chopping.
- Sometimes when I use pitted dates, they are a little bit drier. So I often soak them in water for 10-15 mins to soften a bit.