Superb recipe for a Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert!
It is made with plant-based ingredients and is free of oil, yet super tasty.
Creamy raw cashews, chia seeds, coconut flakes, lemon juice, oats and all that mixed with the most aromatic and flavorful fruit strawberries.
A healthy and fresh raw dessert, that can be served any time of the day.
The strawberries give such a wonderful aroma to the cream that is so inviting!
Such a creamy texture that is dairy-free! This Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert is the perfect vegan option for something sweet and delightful!
A Dessert that Fosters HEALTH
This might be one super tasty sweet dessert but is super healthy.
That is because we used no animal or heavily processed ingredients.
Practically only whole natural plant foods which happen to be the healthiest foods! 🙂
That means no oil so that your arteries stay healthy, your blood pure and your weight in check.
Instead of oil, I used cashews, chia seeds, and coconut flakes which are rich in healthy, fiber-bound fats. The chia seeds also contain those super important Omega-3s that reduce inflammation and protect the brain.
Let’s not forget the hero of this dish, though, strawberries!
Berries are such a nutritional powerhouse. So rich in micronutrients and antioxidants, they detoxify your tissues, help remove metabolic waste and feed your cells!
Even more, berries lower the glycemic effect of the food they are eaten with. So by eating this dessert, your blood sugar will stay well in balance!
So take a few minutes to make this dessert, you and your body will enjoy it!
How to prepare the Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert?
It is really pretty simple.
All you need is a food processor. Ever since I started eating plant-based, the food processor is definitely one of my favorite kitchen appliances. I can even call it my best friend in the kitchen. It helps me so much to prepare food and saves me a lot of time.
This is one of the most delicious and aromatic desserts I have tried. The strawberries release their beautiful pink color and enchanting scent.
In this recipe, I used frozen strawberries. Thaw them before chopping. You can also use fresh ones as well.
All you need to do to prepare this fantastic raw strawberry dessert is to put all ingredients in the food processor and blend for several minutes until a soft and creamy texture appears. Refrigerate for a while and voila your strawberry frosting is ready in no time!
You can soak the cashews for 2 hours before chopping them but I skipped this step as I didn’t have time. And it turned out so great even without this step. When you blend the raw cashew nuts, they give this rich and thick creamy texture as if there is dairy in it. But believe me, there isn’t and no one can tell. Even your non-vegan friends will love it, I guarantee!
As a sweetener, I used maple syrup as I wanted a creamier and smooth texture. You can adjust the level of sweetness according to your taste, just try the strawberry cream before it is ready and add more if you want.
No fussing around in the kitchen and yet you have a wonderful yummy dessert! So effortlessly and so delicious!
It is so healthful and can be a beautiful and sweet surprise for your guests!
The individual portion of this cream makes you feel so special!
No doubt you will love this Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert!
It can be served for breakfast or as a snack or dessert. Just enjoy it!
Why this Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert is so healthy for you?
- Low in calories
- Rich in omega-3 healthy fats for your brain
- High fiber content to improve digestion
- Super tasty and smells great!
Want more healthy plant-based dessert recipes?
If you want to stay in good shape and keep your energy high throughout the day, you can enjoy these healthy vegan sweet options here:
- Quick & Easy Holiday Strawberry Bites Vegan
- Easy Vegan Blueberry Energy Bar
- Super Healthy Banana Avocado Chocolate Cake
- Quick & Easy Coconut Delight Balls
If you give this Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- 3 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
For the strawberry cream
- For the strawberry cream, place all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate the cream for about 2 hours to firm a bit.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces and start assembling the dessert.
- Put part of the chopped strawberries at the bottom of appropriate cups ( I used small jars). This layer should be thick, you can even press the fruits to the bottom a little bit so the cream does not go in between. Then top with some cream.
- Decorate with strawberry pieces and mint leaves, sprinkle with coconut flakes and enjoy!
- If you use frozen strawberries (as I did), let them thaw. They will be easily chopped. You can also add the juice they release to the cream.
- You can make more layers, depending on the size of your cups.
- Chopped strawberries can be added to the cream as well, for a chunkier texture.