Super delicious Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta recipe!
One super healthy, plant-based cooking idea without added oils! Easy to prepare.
Butternut squash mixed with onion and garlic, seasoned with basil, rosemary, turmeric, and other enchanting spices makes this creamy vegan pasta even more delicious.
All that together with the healing power of natural plant-based ingredients makes this recipe simply great! And it is so tasty!
Serve it over your favorite pasta, sprinkle it with more fresh basil and enjoy!
Add to that a green salad and you will have a complete healthy meal for you and your family.
A great lunch or dinner suggestion. I guarantee this meal will become one of your favorites.
You can also prepare our Easy and Quick Vegan Parmesan and sprinkle on top of your pasta!
A Meal that Heals!
Well, it is a meal with whole natural plant ingredients. This alone makes it superbly healthy.
Instead, I used coconut milk. It provides the fats that make this pasta so creamy in a healthy way. That is because coconut milk is rich in fiber. The fats in the coconut milk are bound to the fiber which slows down their absorption into the bloodstream, allowing the body to use them for energy and not store it on your belly!
The wholewheat pasta provides healthy complex carbohydrates that are super slow to digest (due to the whole wheat itself and the way the wheat is compressed together in pasta), providing you with energy for longer and dialing down the hunger drive.
Onions and garlic are known as superfoods in many cultures and for a reason. They are rich in antioxidants and micronutrients, especially organosulfur compounds such as alliinase, which protect against diseases such as cancer.
You get a healthy dose of all the B vitamins from the nutritional yeast as well as a prebiotic for your gut microflora.
Basil, rosemary, turmeric, and paprika… these are not only spice but micronutrient and antioxidant powerhouses. Antioxidants are vital for detoxifying the body and removing metabolic waste. And the curcumin in turmeric is another famous and powerful immune booster.
I did not forget to add some ground flax seeds for their antiinflammatory and brain-protecting Omega-3s. Flax is also rich in lignans which protect you against disease.
All in all, this is a dish that has all the fiber, protein, complex carbs, healthy fats that you need. And truly rich in micronutrients that detoxify and heal you!
How to prepare the Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta?
It is an easy recipe. Steam the pumpkin, cut into several pieces. Put it in a food processor for a minute until smooth.
In a large pan cook the onion and garlic with a small amount of water for several minutes. Stir in the other ingredients, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until it thickens.
Pour the creamy pumpkin sauce over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Tips for the Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
You can use any kind of pasta.
The creamy sauce is so rich in flavor that it goes perfectly with everything, such as whole wheat fusilli, penne, linguini, spaghetti. Even with gluten-free varieties like brown rice or chickpea pasta, this creamy sauce is amazing!
If you are in a hurry you can prepare this Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta quicker by using canned pumpkin puree. One 15-oz can is enough for the recipe.
Why this recipe is beneficial for you?
- No added oils
- High in beta carotene
- Rich in flavor
- An easy and healthy meal for you and your loved ones!
More vegan plant-based food recipes
If you want to stay on the healthier side in the kitchen, here are more of our plant-based meal ideas:
- Healthy Bean & Leek Casserole
- Curry Veggies with Lentil Puree
- Healthy Broccoli Cream Soup Vegan
- Oriental Whole Wheat Nuggets
If you give this Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- ½ lb (250 g) whole wheat rotini, fusilli or penne pasta of choice (also GF)
- 2 ½ cups (400 g) squash, peeled and deseeded
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup of water
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Chop the squash into several pieces and steam for about 20 mins or until tender. Once cooked, put it in a food processor and pulse for a minute until it looks like a puree.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped onion and pressed garlic in a large pan, add about a half cup of water and cook for 5 mins covered with a lid. Add water as needed to prevent burning.
- Stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and water. Fold in the spices (nutritional yeast, basil, rosemary, turmeric, paprika, and salt) and stir everything well. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10-15 mins or until it thickens. Lastly, add the ground flax seeds and stir.
- Drain the cooked pasta and mix it with the pumpkin sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh basil. You can also sprinkle with our super Easy and Quick Dairy-free Parmesan.
- You can skip the first step and use canned pumpkin puree, 1 (15-oz) can will be enough. Then the Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta recipe becomes super easy and quick to prepare.
- If you are gluten-free, you can use gluten-free pasta of choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 457Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 9gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.