Super tasty Oriental Whole Wheat Nuggets with sprouted wheat berries.
A perfectly healthy plant-based recipe without any added oils and only whole food ingredients!
These nuggets will surprise you with their cheesy flavor. They feel soft and creamy… really well balanced, in my opinion.
They have a chewy texture that combines perfectly with a creamy nutty sauce, like our easy and quick cashew sauce.
Your taste buds will be satisfied! These nuggets definitely became one of our favorite meals!
The recipe makes 16-18 nuggets but we liked them so much that we ate at least 10 each!
Stay healthy, prepare these delicious nuggets and enjoy them with your family. Kids or adults, all love them!
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
Whole foods, plant-based meal with no oil.
This fact alone makes it superbly healthy, however, these nuggets are made from germinated wheat berries for added nutrition.
No oil is used, to keep your arteries clean and your weight in check.
Instead, sesame and flax seeds supply all the fats you need in the healthiest whole plant food form. Also rich in the essential Omega-3 fats that keep your brain health and suppress inflammation.
For better taste and to boost nutrition, we added fenugreek, curry, cumin, parsley, and paprika – spices that are rich in micronutrients and antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress, detoxify the cells and provide concentrated nutrition.
Onion and garlic are also rich in antioxidants and cancer-fighting organosulfur compounds.
All-in-all, these are nuggets that look after your health!
- 9 ounces (250 gr) whole wheat berries, soaked
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp ground sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- salt to taste
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of water
- Soak the whole wheat kernels in plenty of water for 12 hours. Drain and rinse them.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 350°F).
- Place all ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. The result should be a smooth and sticky mixture.
- With wet hands take about one full tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into the desired form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the nuggets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- I prefer to sprout the kernels for another 12- 24 hours as they become softer and flavorful.
- You may add some more water to the mixture to chop it easily. But it
can become too loose to shape it later, so if this happens you may add
one or two tablespoons chickpea flour or ground flax seeds as they soak
the excess liquid.