Super delicious homemade Veggie Pizza with healthy whole wheat dough.
Topped with tomato sauce and lots of colorful veggies, corn, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes. Loaded with healthful green arugula and broccoli florets!
Created with Health in Mind
This is a plant-based pizza recipe that is dairy-free and oil-free. It is prepared with only natural clean ingredients.
Healthy whole food, plant-based does also mean super tasty as well! The rich vegan cashew sauce on top adds some extra juiciness and flavor!
Since there is no oil and dairy in this pizza, your blood will stay pure, your arterie walls will stay healthy and your hormones will be at a better balance.
The whole wheat flour is an excellent way to make sure all those calories you eat will be used for energy. The complex starches in whole wheat are slow to absorb, they won’t flood your bloodstream with sugar and you’ll have sustained energy. And it’s much the same with the fiber-bound fats in the cashews. They are slow to enter the blood and can be used for energy.
And those VEGIIIEEESS!
So many veggies in this pizza that I cannot begin to tell you how healthy they are.
Immune-stimulating broccoli, arugula, onions, mushrooms that happen to be so antioxidant-rich to help you detox and reduce inflammation in your tissues.
All that color that you see translates into health when you eat it. And they taste so well.
Whole natural plant ingredients working together to bring you joy and health! Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza
Super satisfying and comforting veggie pizza recipe with so many flavors and textures.
This is another healthy meatless option prepared with simple clean ingredients that are great for your family.
For the pizza dough, I used whole wheat flour as it contains all the microelements and nutrients in it, unlike all-purpose flour.
Also, its carbohydrates are complex and digest slowly, keeping your blood sugar level balanced.
Whole wheat does not rise as much as all-purpose flour but is much healthier. I recommend it!
You can load your Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza with whatever healthy vegetables you like. There are so many combinations for a different experience.
For this veggie pizza, I used tomato paste that I mix with a quarter cup of water for a smooth puree that is easily spread.
It is topped with sun-dried tomatoes, sweet corn, olives, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms.
All that sprinkled with basil, black pepper, and salt. And my favorite part is the fresh green arugula and broccoli florets on top!
Feel free to add whatever you prefer.
To keep the veggies from overcooking I usually bake the pizza crust for about 10 mins and then add the veggies. After that, I return it to the oven for another 10 mins.
In this way, the veggies stay fresher and juicier. Also, more of their healthy nutrients are preserved.
When the pizza is ready I spread the arugula and broccoli florets on top. The arugula softens by the heat and releases its wonderful aroma!
This Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza is served with my super rich and tasty Quick Universal Cashew Sauce, which is a great alternative to all cheeses!
Give it a try!
Why you will love this Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza?
- Super healthy
- Full of taste!
- Fresh and juicy!
Want more plant-based recipes?
- Cauliflower Burger Patties
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Broccoli & Tofu Green Salad
- Easy & Healthy Spicy Cajun Balls
If you give this Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
For the pizza dough
- 3 cups (330 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups (300 ml) warm water
- 1 package ¼-ounce (7 gr) active dry yeast
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 cups canned sweet corn
- 1.5 oz (40 g) sun-dried tomatoes, thinly chopped
- 20 olives, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into tiny rings
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 5 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 handful of broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the warm water to the dry mixture. Using a spoon mix everything well. Then, knead it for a while, just to shape it into a ball.
- Cover and leave to a warm place for about 40-60 mins to rise until it doubles its size.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- When the dough has reached twice its volume, knead it for about 5 mins, adding just a little more flour to prevent sticking. It should be smooth and elastic.
- Divide it into two equal parts or make one large pizza. (I prefer to make two pizzas).
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper (around 12-inches (30 cm) each).
- Take one ball of dough and using your hands stretch it to the size of your pizza pan. Let it rest for 5 mins.
- In a small bowl mix the tomato paste and water and stir well. Spread it equally over the dough. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Bake the pizza crust for 10 mins. Then take it out and top it with the corn, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, onion, mushroom slices, and cherry tomatoes.
- Return it to the oven for another 10 mins.
- When the pizza is ready, put the arugula and broccoli florets on top.
- Finally, add a generous amount of my Quick Universal Cashew Sauce. Enjoy!