Hearty and tasty Chickpea and Tomato Stuffed Eggplant recipe!
Full of flavor and fresh seasonal vegetables, you are going to love this recipe.
It is 100% vegan, prepared with only whole plant-food ingredients.
Baked, healthy eggplants filled with chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic and chickpeas.Chickpeas are an ideal source of plant proteins and complex carbohydrates not only for plant-based eaters but for all people.
Super delicious filling with a chewy texture from the mashed chickpeas!
The great variety of seasonings like cumin, basil, oregano, turmeric give an irresistible taste and aroma to the meal.
Makes a great lunch or dinner suggestion (then it makes 2 servings). You can eat it as a side dish as well (then it is 4 servings).
We love it both ways.
Combines perfectly with our super easy 5-minute Quick Vegan Parmesan.
Try and Enjoy it!
Optimized for Health and Perfect Weight
Only whole plant foods are used in this recipe to keep you full but not overeat on calories.
There is no oil because it is the most highly caloric food and bad for your blood and arterial health.
Chickpeas provide satiating and healthful complex carbohydrates that are digested slowly, keeping hunger away and protecting you against heart disease and diabetes, among else.
Eggplants and tomatoes are super healthy plants, rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and phytochemicals that truly boost your immune system and keep you healthy.
Onions and garlic are called superfoods for a reason, containing potent antioxidants, organosulfurs, and flavonoids that fight disease, aging, and inflammation.
The spices cumin, oregano, basil, paprika, turmeric, parsley do not only give this dish a great taste but also are super-rich in micronutrient content that protects your health and also keeps hunger away.
As always, we add ground flax seeds to include those all-important Omega-3 fats and lignans that protect your blood vessels and brain!
Why this Chickpea and Tomato Stuffed Eggplant recipe is so beneficial for you?
- Whole food
- Free of processed ingredients
- Rich in flavor
- High in vitamin C
- Loaded with healthy plant-based proteins
- Super tasty and satiating stuffed eggplant!
Want more healthy plant-based meal recipes?
Stay on a healthy plant-based diet to keep your weight in check and your energy level high throughout the day. Here are just a part of our healthy vegan oil-free pure recipes:
- Baked Giant Beans with Mushrooms
- Easy & Healthy Bulgur and Spinach Recipe
- Oriental Whole Wheat Nuggets
- Healthy Chickpea Eggplant Stew with Sweet Potato | Whole Food Vegan
- Eggplant and Pepper Vegetables Spread
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ¼ bunch of fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the eggplants into two equal halves lengthwise and scoop the core with a spoon to form something like eggplant boats.
- Chop the inside of the eggplants into little pieces and place them in a pot. Fold in the chopped tomatoes and onion.
- Season with the cumin, oregano, basil, paprika, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Stir everything well and boil for 10-15 mins.
- Place the cooked chickpeas in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add it to the pot, together with the pressed garlic and ground flax seeds. Mix everything well.
- Fill the eggplant halves with the tasty filling.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 mins, you may cover the sheet with foil.
- When they are ready, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve sprinkled with our healthy Quick Vegan Parmesan.