Healthy and delicious goji berries, coconut shreds, chia seeds, cocoa powder, and naturally sweet dates packed into these no-bake, power-boosting bars.
Easy to make with only 5 simple ingredients.
These power-boosting bars are an excellent snack or treat.
They are free of oil and without added sugar. The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). It is made only with clean natural wholesome ingredients.
This Raw Power Booster is a great nut-free and gluten-free option as well.
It is packed with nutrients that will increase your energy level!
Why you should eat more goji berries?
- Goji berries are highly nutritious fruits, containing all eight essential amino acids.
- They contain various vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, C, iron, and zinc.
- Goji berries have a high fiber content necessary for your gut health and good digestion.
- They are also a powerhouse of antioxidants that prevent your cells from the damaging effects of free radicals and toxic substances.
How to prepare this Raw Power Booster?
This is one really simple recipe. However, it is super healthy and highly nutritious. And my favorite part is that it is easy to make with 5 simple ingredients.
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
There is no refined sugar in this recipe. Instead, I use dates. I love their natural sweetness. Another advantage is that their natural sugars are bound with fiber, making them slowly digestible. This will maintain your blood sugar level steady.
To prepare this Raw Power Booster you will need a food processor. Place the dates in it and pulse until smooth paste forms. Sometimes I add 2-3 tablespoons of water or more to go easily.
Quick Tip: When dates are drier (like pitted dates) I prefer to soak them in warm water for about 10 mins. Thus, they become softer and juicier. And are easily chopped.
I also soaked the goji berries in water for just 5 mins. They become bigger and tastier. However, it is not necessary to do it. I just find it better this way.
Now, in a bowl combine all ingredients and mix them well together.
Press the mixture to the bottom of an appropriate baking pan.
Sprinkle some coconut shreds on top, cut it into pieces and enjoy!
This Raw Power Booster is:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole food
- Rich in fiber
- Superfoods abundant
- Highly nutritious
- Quick & easy to make
- Deliciously sweet!
For more healthy whole food snack ideas, check the plant-based recipes below:
- Easy Vegan Blueberry Energy Bar
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
- Fresh Strawberry Raw Snacks
- Quick & Easy Coconut Delight Balls
- Almond Raspberry Snack Bars
If you give this Raw Power Booster a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Place the dates in a food processor and blend for several minutes or until thick paste forms. You can add just a small amount of water to go easily.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together (the chopped dates, goji berries, coconut shreds, chia seeds, and cocoa powder). Stir well.
- Line a 10 x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm) baking pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture in it. Press it evenly to the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle some coconut shreds on top and enjoy!
- Sometimes when I use pitted dates, they are a little bit drier. So I often soak them in warm water for 10 mins to soften a bit. I also soaked the goji berries for 5 mins and they became a lot softer, juicier, and tastier.